Tok Air Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wingert

FNG
AK20062611
Type: Obstruct Runway, Hinder Lawful Hunting

Dispatch Text:
On 9/6/20 at approximately 1239 hours Tok AST received a call concerning a disturbance that occurred at a remote airstrip outside of Tok. Investigation revealed Zachary Knaebel, age 43 of Tok, had intentionally obstructed a runway, preventing other aircraft from landing or taking off. Further investigation revealed Knaebel had obstructed or hindered the lawful hunting activities of two individuals who were not his clients. On 9/21/20, AST contacted Knaebel and issued two misdemeanor citations for Obstructing Airport or Runway (AS02.20.050) and Guide/Transporter Hinder Lawful Hunting (AS08.54.720).

JakeSCH

WKR

AKBorn

WKR
I'd like to hear both sides of this little spat. I was thinking of booking a hunt with Tok air and I don't like this type of action.

Me too, would like to hear more details. Hope they post whatever they can when they are back home.

Bambistew

WKR
I think one of the charges listed includes loss of his license to transport if convicted?

I wonder if he'll refund deposits?

NUGGET

WKR
I think Zach has bigger problems right now. I’d have to look through his contract but do you still have to pay full price if your return trip is in a helicopter?

VernAK

WKR
This incident may only be the tip of the ice berg!;)

Read the contractual fine print carefully.

An out trip in a heli means your gear and gun stays in the bush.

I think Zach has bigger problems right now. I’d have to look through his contract but do you still have to pay full price if your return trip is in a helicopter?

Couple questions - is the helicopter reference to hunters he dropped off but can't retrieve? As in he isn't allowed to operate prior to trial?

- What does the video portray?

NUGGET

WKR
Couple questions - is the helicopter reference to hunters he dropped off but can't retrieve? As in he isn't allowed to operate prior to trial?

- What does the video portray?

Yes. No he can operate. Video shows the incident.

Status
Not open for further replies.