Toughest lightest weight ground sheet

aron

WKR
I used a polycro ground cloth and it lasted two or three nights before getting a bunch of holes punched through it. Got home from the trip and ordered a bear paw custom silnylon bathtub floor and have been much happier. Polycro makes for a nice ground sheet in kill kit for deboning on though.

JeremiahH

WKR
I think that's what I will do. Grab one polycro for the kill kit. Stick with my tyvek and other small footprint for the shelters.
The other small footprint I use is a piece of tarp material out of the Trash can in the lumber isle of home depot. It's the stuff that covers pallets of lumber they receive before they stock the shelves. Feels about the same weight as tyvek and is free for whoever wants to hit up their local home depot.

Last edited:
I think that's what I will do. Grab one polycro for the kill kit. Stick with my tyvek and other small footprint for the shelters.
The other small footprint I use is a piece of tarp material out of the Trash can in the lumber isle of home depot. It's the stuff that covers pallets of lumber they receive before they stock the shelves. Feels about the same weight as tyvek and is free for whoever wants to hit up their local home depot.
Probably is tyvek. Good tip.

On the polycro subject.... I too have heard it isn't the most durable stuff.
I can see it in the kill kit. But man, don't expect to use it on a hillside of any kind.
Hunt'nFish

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Polycro makes for a nice ground sheet in kill kit for deboning on though.

All the animals I shoot provide their own ground sheet when I skin down one side, lay it down on the ground, and have a large area there to work on and keep dirt off the meat.

jns9661

FNG
painters plastic is a good kill sheet. it is super light and compact. the stuff you use for masking doors and windows with.