TRACT Toric Scopes

OSUsmokey

Lil-Rokslider
Im down the rabbit hole and falling quickly in a search for a new scope. Started looking at Leupold VX-3i 3.5-10 and comparing to the Maven rs2. In my search I've now stumbled upon the TRACT optics line. Their Toric scope in that same magnification range looks very appealing for features and direct to consumer model.
Anyone tried or compared the TRACT to these others?

Rodéo

WKR
I snagged a Tract Tekoa 2.5-10 before they were discontinued for a .308. It has the same internals as the higher end toric models and I compared the glass in my tekoa with the vx3i and the tract was the clear winner.

I've had no problems with dialing or tracking, albeit not at long distances, all within 400 yards. Biggest complaint is with the weight of my unit at around 20 oz but it checks all the other boxes I had in mind. I don't think you could go wrong if you find it around the same price point as the leupold.

come2elmo

WKR
^^^This, I also picked up similar Tekoa model and one of the 22LR models for my son's 10/22. Both are well made and clear in low light conditions. They are small enough that you will often get one of the two Jon's (owners) responding to your questions.

arri1942

Lil-Rokslider
Have a tract toric on my .300WM and it is a great scope. Jon seems to be a great guy and they have top notch customer service. I had some questions when mounting my scope and one of the Jon's got right back to me. I would buy another if I needed one for another rifle right now.

OP
OSUsmokey

OSUsmokey

Lil-Rokslider
Also putting on a .300WM. The weight is really what stood out to me 18-20oz, but you do a side focus knob so maybe that is where some of the oz come from compared to the VX-3i @ 13 oz. Thanks for the responses now i just need to decide 2-10 or 3-15

arri1942

Lil-Rokslider
Also putting on a .300WM. The weight is really what stood out to me 18-20oz, but you do a side focus knob so maybe that is where some of the oz come from compared to the VX-3i @ 13 oz. Thanks for the responses now i just need to decide 2-10 or 3-15

FWIW, I am glad I went with the 3-15 over the 2-10. Definitely not a lightweight scope, but great quality for the price. Another scope to think about that would be in that group is the burris veracity.

Last edited:

DropTyne

Lil-Rokslider
I have the Toric 2-10x42 with the T-Plex reticle and have used it for 3 years. The scope is solid. The tracking is true and repeatable, and it seems to hold zero reliability (although it hasn't taken a hard fall yet).

They have a very favorable 4" eye relief, which is welcome on my ~5.5lb 30-06.

Optically, I recently compared it to a Leupold FX-3 6×42 and Swarovski Z6 1.7-10×42 at the end of shooting light. All scopes were compared at 6x magnification. I was looking at a dark green woodline 240 yards across a wheat field. The dark green leaves of the trees really absorb a reticle at last light. The Tract was the best performer out of the bunch in terms of resolution, brightness, and I was able to see the reticle the longest with it.

If your in the market for a mechancally durable SFP scope, with great optical performance, with a BDC/plex type reticle, then the Tract Toric is the way to go. A Nightforce may be a little better mechanically, but I doubt it will be worth the difference in cost. They are exponentially better than Leupold IMHO.

Good luck!

Last edited:
OP
OSUsmokey

OSUsmokey

Lil-Rokslider
Got it mounted and sighted in this weekend on my Xbolt 300WM. I have to say I am very impressed with the scope so far. Very clear and bright even at 15x. You can feel the dials click firmly, no mushy feel. I have never used a swaro or nightforce, so cannot compare, but I think you get a lot of scope for the cost. Got it zeroed and then replaced with the INCLUDED target turret that adds a zero stop function to the elevation. No tools needed. Late evening clarity was still good. I could pick out the cross hairs looking into the tree line up until it was getting quite dark out. Owners are very responsive on their chat feature that is built into the website and ordered and shipped to me in 4 days.

Frankk

FNG
So which scope did you buy?
I just ordered a Tract Toric 2-10x42 to replace my old Leupold 2.5-8x36 and it will be interesting to see how they compare.

DropTyne

Lil-Rokslider
I just ordered a Tract Toric 2-10x42 to replace my old Leupold 2.5-8x36 and it will be interesting to see how they compare.

I rank my Tract Toric a step above my Leupold VX3 3.5-10×40 optically, and it's exponentially greater than the Leupold mechanically. You will be happy.

OP
OSUsmokey

OSUsmokey

Lil-Rokslider

I got the 3.5-15x42. You will be pleasantly surprised I think! I dont think there really is a comparison between thetwo

Frankk

FNG
The Leupold VX3i 2.5-8x36 was actually a very good close range hunting scope for me - for less than 100yds. It served me well four years for that purpose without any loss of zero.

I ordered the Tract Toric 2-10x42 to extend my range while keeping low magnification and wide field-of-view that I need for stalking boars. Wish me luck

OP
OSUsmokey

OSUsmokey

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah I love that they offered the 3.5-15. I gain one power level on both sides compared to the standard 4.5-14x that I normally hunted with. Should open stuff up on the lower end for me in the Timber for elk

My only concerns with their scopes is if they are reliable dialers and if they can take impacts without performance issues (accurately dialing and return to zero). I'd love to see a long range hunting review of their scopes.

Rock-o

WKR
My only concerns with their scopes is if they are reliable dialers and if they can take impacts without performance issues (accurately dialing and return to zero). I'd love to see a long range hunting review of their scopes.
There are people Hiding on another forum that have discussed these scopes favorably.

Frankk

FNG
There is a well done negative review on 24hourcampfire forum on a cheaper line of Tract “Tekoa” scopes that are no longer made, but I have seen some positive reviews elsewhere on Tract’s “Toric” scopes.
My attitude is only time will tell how well it works in any case, and I decided it was worth the money to find out for myself. I will of course share my experience