Trad archery friendly bear over bait hunt?

A trad bowhunting friend used to work for a guide service in Waskish, MN, and he continues to rely on them. (He's headed there at the end of this month with his family.) Bear Paw Guides
I think they only guide in the permit areas, but you should double-check that. Your only chance for a draw area this year would be to snag a "surplus" unsold tag online this Friday, Aug. 4, but it's tough to get a tag that way.
However, MN also has a no-quota bear hunt that doesn't require winning the permit lottery. People are finding bears in many of the no-quota locations.

Here's the MN bear hunt info: How to apply for a bear hunting license

OP
razorsharptokill
A trad bowhunting friend used to work for a guide service in Waskish, MN, and he continues to rely on them. (He's headed there at the end of this month with his family.) Bear Paw Guides
I think they only guide in the permit areas, but you should double-check that. Your only chance for a draw area this year would be to snag a "surplus" unsold tag online this Friday, Aug. 4, but it's tough to get a tag that way.
However, MN also has a no-quota bear hunt that doesn't require winning the permit lottery. People are finding bears in many of the no-quota locations.

Thank you. This would be for 2024.

Take a look at Truly Canadian in SK. Not all trad but many stickbow friends including myself have had great hunts there with big bears. The videos are fun to watch on his site and actually are a great representation. Bears are unafraid of humans up there. Elliot takes a lot of 18-20 inch bears.

OP
razorsharptokill
Take a look at Truly Canadian in SK. Not all trad but many stickbow friends including myself have had great hunts there with big bears. The videos are fun to watch on his site and actually are a great representation. Bears are unafraid of humans up there. Elliot takes a lot of 18-20 inch bears.
Do you have a link? I am not finding anything on them.

dtrkyman

WKR
Not sure their outfit name but look for Rob Mcneff, they run a hunt in Ontario and Rob is a Bowhunter!!!

Great people.

Maybe Wells Creek adventures?

OP
razorsharptokill

Had a great conversation with Steven yesterday. I'm going to start buying points in Mn, and hopefully go hunt there when I retire in a couple years.

Not sure if your still looking, but Squapan mountain outfitters in Maine is a great place to hunt black bears with a trad bow. Black widow host there yearly bear hunt there the first week of season and its trad only. I actually killed a black bear back in '18 on that hunt. The owners and guides are great people and do everything they possibly can to get you on the bear. A added bonus to that hunt is if you kill the biggest bear in camp that week you win a free Black widow custom.

bpurtz

WKR
I did a recurve hunt with Silver Fox Outfitters (780-723-3598) in Northern Alberta several years back. Saw several bears, but nothing big.