Trail Cam - Home Use

Benjblt

WKR
I'm completely new to the trail cam world and I could use some advice. I wouldn't mind using them for hunting one day but currently my needs lie at home. Specifically around my chicken coupe, which is right next to my house. I'm not sure what to look for but there's a couple things that I'd like out of a trail camera. I'm not sure I can get either.
1. It'd be nice if there was a setting that I could set on the camera to only take pictures at night. Is that possible? If not, I'll have a ton of pictures of my kids, wife, chickens, and other animals during the day.
2. I like the idea of one that is cellular capable but probably wouldn't use that feature initially. Is there a way for them to connect to your house's wifi and send you pictures via the internets?

I'm open to suggestions. Of course i'd like something that is easy to use and takes good pictures. I was looking at the Stealth Cam Fusion X 26MP Dual Sim Wireless Camera on Black Ovis but I talked to Black Ovis customer service and they said I can't set this one to only take pictures at night. https://www.blackovis.com/gear/trai...fusion-x-26mp-dual-sim-wireless-camera-2-pack

nkgillil

FNG
Man in all honesty id check out blackgates r4g lite camera... they are $139 and they are small, black flash(so no glow if ur wanting security), excellent battery life, awesome pics compared to other cell cams and there data plans are great. can pay $8 a month and get 2000 images. and u can activate/deactive it whenever u dont want to use it as a celll camera. can still use it as a nomal non cell cam too... As far as only setting to send night pics only im not sure if any does this.

But main thing u need to look at is who has best data plans.

From what I have seen, scheduling for game cameras is one of those "premium features". If the coup is right next to your house you should have WiFi there. I would almost suggest a refurbished Blink camera or similar then you get all the features at a fraction of the cost.

SloppyJ

WKR
I run the stealth cams and you can set the time no problem. However, I don't know of a single one that will allow you to bypass the subscription and use wifi.

I agree with the poster above. If you have WiFi, get an Amazon Blink camera. You can schedule it to only be armed at night time. It's motion activated, takes decent video at night, and it's affordable.