• The fourm is under constrution. Thanks for your patience

trail camera help

hey guys,
looking to really step up my trail camera arsenal and run more during the scouting months. i have 4 now but looking to invest in probably 5 more. i would like them to be reliable and have good quality. Also a good battery life. Not an expert in this subject would really appreciate your guys help.
thanks!

LostArra

there is a guy on bowsite that runs a bunch of cameras in the mountains. His handle is CO_Bowhunter (I think). He uses Browning and only sets them on video. He gets amazing shots.
I happen to also use Browning (3+ years old ) and it does a good job for me on stills or video. I think anytime you put electronics outside there is a chance of it crapping out, some sooner than others but I've had good luck with Browning..

Here is an example of CO_Bowhunter's videos: September 29th Elk Wallow Activity on Vimeo

NYSKIER

there is a guy on bowsite that runs a bunch of cameras in the mountains. His handle is CO_Bowhunter (I think). He uses Browning and only sets them on video. He gets amazing shots.
I happen to also use Browning (3+ years old ) and it does a good job for me on stills or video. I think anytime you put electronics outside there is a chance of it crapping out, some sooner than others but I've had good luck with Browning..

Here is an example of CO_Bowhunter's videos: September 29th Elk Wallow Activity on Vimeo
I second the brownings not to expensive and definitely worth it. Mine take great pictures and with Lithium batteries taking still pictures I've had them last for 3 months taking thousands of pics

A few days ago Dick's was running a sale...I picked up a Browning Strike Force Pro with batteries and an SD card for 120....I have typically found some of the better trail cam deals happen in early January

+1 For the Browning Strike Force Pro. I ran two of them this year from the end of may until the end of October. They were in video mode for 1min vids. They were still over 80% battery life left on them. But I had lithium batteries.

danarnold

I also have 2 brownings, prob 2-3 years old, def takes great pics but on more than one occasion I've checked them and they wern't powered up. I only run lithiums in them, I have removed the batt packs and reinstalled and they work fine....until it does it again for no real reason I can find

I've run a bunch of different cameras, the best I've used so far are the Exodus cameras. Great cameras, great warranty. My Cuddebacks have held up really well too, one went through a flood over a year ago and its still ticking. I've never ran a Browning, sounds like it might be worth a try.

I have and still use and older Primos it takes good video and photos but I got the Browning Strike Force Pro Micro Trail Cameras (18MP) I like this Trailcam it is easy to setup great video and photos. I don't like the strap buckle I will replace with a quick disconnect buckle.

I have bout 18 Brownings. Have used only the spec ops and dark ops lineups until recently. I love them 2 models they are automatic!!!!

I've picked up 3-4-5 of the strike force xd and pro cams. Hadn't used them but actually hung them here behind the dairy barn yesterday. Been seeing a red fox running around where I feed silage so figure good excuse to set them out and test them. I have piles of videos on my YouTube channel from testing lots of these browning cams. They are all I run but I'd like to try some of the stealth ds4k cams