trail camera help

CaliforniaMuley209

Lil-Rokslider
hey guys,
looking to really step up my trail camera arsenal and run more during the scouting months. i have 4 now but looking to invest in probably 5 more. i would like them to be reliable and have good quality. Also a good battery life. Not an expert in this subject would really appreciate your guys help.
thanks!

LostArra

WKR
there is a guy on bowsite that runs a bunch of cameras in the mountains. His handle is CO_Bowhunter (I think). He uses Browning and only sets them on video. He gets amazing shots.
I happen to also use Browning (3+ years old ) and it does a good job for me on stills or video. I think anytime you put electronics outside there is a chance of it crapping out, some sooner than others but I've had good luck with Browning..

Here is an example of CO_Bowhunter's videos: September 29th Elk Wallow Activity on Vimeo

NYSKIER

WKR
there is a guy on bowsite that runs a bunch of cameras in the mountains. His handle is CO_Bowhunter (I think). He uses Browning and only sets them on video. He gets amazing shots.
I happen to also use Browning (3+ years old ) and it does a good job for me on stills or video. I think anytime you put electronics outside there is a chance of it crapping out, some sooner than others but I've had good luck with Browning..

Here is an example of CO_Bowhunter's videos: September 29th Elk Wallow Activity on Vimeo

I second the brownings not to expensive and definitely worth it. Mine take great pictures and with Lithium batteries taking still pictures I've had them last for 3 months taking thousands of pics

Josh213

FNG
A few days ago Dick's was running a sale...I picked up a Browning Strike Force Pro with batteries and an SD card for 120....I have typically found some of the better trail cam deals happen in early January

tmorg27

FNG
+1 For the Browning Strike Force Pro. I ran two of them this year from the end of may until the end of October. They were in video mode for 1min vids. They were still over 80% battery life left on them. But I had lithium batteries.

danarnold

WKR
I also have 2 brownings, prob 2-3 years old, def takes great pics but on more than one occasion I've checked them and they wern't powered up. I only run lithiums in them, I have removed the batt packs and reinstalled and they work fine....until it does it again for no real reason I can find

darren820

FNG
I've run a bunch of different cameras, the best I've used so far are the Exodus cameras. Great cameras, great warranty. My Cuddebacks have held up really well too, one went through a flood over a year ago and its still ticking. I've never ran a Browning, sounds like it might be worth a try.

cruizer

Lil-Rokslider
If I had an unlimited budget I would go with Reconyx every time. Their cameras are amazing, probably why a lot of State Fish&Game departments use them.

I have and still use and older Primos it takes good video and photos but I got the Browning Strike Force Pro Micro Trail Cameras (18MP) I like this Trailcam it is easy to setup great video and photos. I don't like the strap buckle I will replace with a quick disconnect buckle.

Medusa7MM

WKR
2nd on the Browning Command Ops! Very impressed with quality of the pictures. Picked several of these cameras up at Scheel's when they had them on sale for $69.00.

I have bout 18 Brownings. Have used only the spec ops and dark ops lineups until recently. I love them 2 models they are automatic!!!!

I've picked up 3-4-5 of the strike force xd and pro cams. Hadn't used them but actually hung them here behind the dairy barn yesterday. Been seeing a red fox running around where I feed silage so figure good excuse to set them out and test them. I have piles of videos on my YouTube channel from testing lots of these browning cams. They are all I run but I'd like to try some of the stealth ds4k cams