Training Wear on Boots

ChrisAU

WKR
So doc advocated that I wear the stiffest shoes I have to allow PF to heal on my left foot. Not sure if he’s ever handled a shoe as stiff as my Scarpa Grand Dru’s haha, but a stiff shoe I have. I’ve been doing some training hikes and limited treadmill time with them but still don’t have very many miles on them at all.

So, I walk 1/4 mile to work from my home. I also walk home for lunch and then back. Now that the doc has recommended stiff shoes for the PF, I’m considering wearing the Scarpas for these walks. And if I’m gonna do that, might as well put my training pack on.

My concern though is the sole wear as the route is 99% asphalt and concrete. I don’t want to drive a $360 pair of boots into the ground under the guise of training and breaking them in if I’ll have to buy a new pair before hunting season. I’m new to all this gear, is that a legit concern?

Maverick940

Banned
I doubt it. When I buy new Invernos every other year, they usually don't show wear until I've put 20 or 30 miles of Alaska terrain behind me. I doubt that 40 or 50 miles of asphalt and concrete is going to do much.

OP
ChrisAU

ChrisAU

WKR
Gotcha, I'm just concerned with sole tread wear. The soles were a specific reason I chose these Scarpas, the Irish Setters I had did wonderful other than I slipped everywhere because the tread was very shallow.