Travis Bertrand's (Drhorsepower) semi-live hunt in Arizona

OP
Travis Bertrand

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
Awesome job on the brute of a buck!

Where did you end up hitting him?

Thanks jndeer, I hit him high lung a little back. It makes sense considering 60 yard pin (high) and he was walking(back) it was purely an instinct shot. No thought went into it or very little anyways.

OP
Travis Bertrand

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
I thought they would have turned out better. Sorry guys.
5ED673DA-21A0-4105-A70A-7936FADA26F9-3565-0000023CC58A171D.jpg

60552561-5FA8-4890-B0D1-181F679A3F79-3565-0000023CD4310558.jpg

Hardstalk

WKR
Great looking buck! Congrats again. I think he may surprise you a bit on your 160 mark. From the pictures he looks every bit of 160. What did his outside spread measure?

Craig4791

WKR
Cool story Travis! Hey not sure if you already have a taxidermy guy set up but if not Jerry's Taxidermy in Tucson was real cool to work with when I was down there last month. Hey let us freeze the meat in his freezer over the Christmas weekend and he's got my buddy's Coues buck that he's doing the mount on as well.

Don't have any experience with him other than that but for sure a very accommodating guy.

OP
Travis Bertrand

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
Cool story Travis! Hey not sure if you already have a taxidermy guy set up but if not Jerry's Taxidermy in Tucson was real cool to work with when I was down there last month. Hey let us freeze the meat in his freezer over the Christmas weekend and he's got my buddy's Coues buck that he's doing the mount on as well.

Don't have any experience with him other than that but for sure a very accommodating guy.

Craig, thanks! I dropped it off with a different taxidermist up there. We checked out the shop for a while and I'm looking forward to checking out the finished product.

CaseyU

WKR
Congrats brother. I started reading your thread and could not put my phone down. I almost burned the steaks Haha. See you when you get back. You need to come to some shoots with male and i. Drive careful

OP
Travis Bertrand

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
Congrats brother. I started reading your thread and could not put my phone down. I almost burned the steaks Haha. See you when you get back. You need to come to some shoots with male and i. Drive careful

Glad to see you on here Casey. I don't tell everybody about this site;) this is a very expensive place to browse I will warn you right now!

OP
Travis Bertrand

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
Great looking buck! Congrats again. I think he may surprise you a bit on your 160 mark. From the pictures he looks every bit of 160. What did his outside spread measure?

We will see Hardstalk, his outside spread was around 22". I will say the size of deer here are alot smaller than I'm used to(body wise)

I'm still on cloud 9 though.

OP
Travis Bertrand

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nice work Travis! Was that a Rokslide wrapped arrow that you sent through him? :)

I doubt I will ever buy another wrap that doesn't say rokslide.com on them;) they are awesome quality and obviously supporting the best website out there!

OBP

WKR
Good luck tomorrow Travis. Although at this point I'd say its been a pretty good trip; awesome mulie, new binos, new site, yep pretty good! Haha. Awesome live hunt man, it's been great following along.