Trekking pole rifle rest

I'm sure it's been done before, but I had to try it out. Ross turned me on to trekking poles a couple of years ago and I immediately thought of using them as a shooting support. I just keep a 2 foot section of para cord wrapped around on of them. When you need to shoot from one slope to another, wrap them together and bang away! I was using them at the 120cm length and easily making 575 yard shots on 1-1.5 MOA rocks yesterday. They are way sturdier than shooting sticks, and if you're carrying them anyway...

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I do the same thing with the wrist straps. Glad you posted that because it's a good way to go.

I have also stood my pack up and used that as a rest.

Buster

WKR
Ingenuity at it's best, especially if they are always handy. I like to use my tripod, quick detach of the scope, use the gun sling as a bit of a cushion. Try to shoot this way at the range to make it as real as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I wrapped mine with hockey tape from the handle down to the lock and it works well just holding them together with my left hand. A carabiner also works to hold them together if time permits.

AZ Vince

WKR
Thanks for the idea!
I've been toying with the idea of using my shooting sticks as a rifle rest but wanted something more secure than just holding them together. Me thinks I'll try the paracord and maybe a piece of rubber innertube to see which works better for me.