Trekking poles with extra functionality

Loo.wii

WKR
Unfortunately I have been through 3 different sets of trekking poles for various reasons. Some have been lost, others have been broken, and now I’m down to a non matching set. I’m looking for trekking poles with some features. I am aware of the argali poles which are threaded at the top which allows for attachment of an ice pick or bolt to bind the poles together and use them as a teepee pole , etc. Are there any other feature packed poles on the market? If I’m gonna be spending close to 200 on a set I’d like a bit more. Maybe titanium or CF components.
I plan to use these for humping through the woods, resort skiing and back country skiing.

Ronin75

Lil-Rokslider
Try sissy stick trekking poles with a Wiser Precision attachment that turns your trekking poles into shooting sticks. I have this setup, it helped me to shoot a cow elk at 425 yards from kneeling this year.

Try sissy stick trekking poles with a Wiser Precision attachment that turns your trekking poles into shooting sticks. I have this setup, it helped me to shoot a cow elk at 425 yards from kneeling this year.

Wiser also makes the quick clip which with a 3rd pole turns your trekking poles into a tripod for glassing or shooting off of with a picatinny rail on the bottom of your stock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Koda_

Lil-Rokslider
Are there any other feature packed poles on the market? If I’m gonna be spending close to 200 on a set I’d like a bit more. Maybe titanium or CF components.
I plan to use these for humping through the woods, resort skiing and back country skiing.
Ive been using my simple no features Black Diamond 3pc trekking poles for hunting, hiking and backcountry skiing for many years. They are not the lightest but a respectable weight, aluminum and flick lock clamps. When it comes to trekking poles, I will stick with simplicity and aluminum. Witnessing friends buy carbon fiber stuff over the years break, I will never buy that material. For trekking poles I would also avoid twist locks, IMO.
The Wiser Precision adapter is a solid trekking pole update for hunting.

Ive been using my simple no features Black Diamond 3pc trekking poles for hunting, hiking and backcountry skiing for many years. They are not the lightest but a respectable weight, aluminum and flick lock clamps. When it comes to trekking poles, I will stick with simplicity and aluminum. Witnessing friends buy carbon fiber stuff over the years break, I will never buy that material. For trekking poles I would also avoid twist locks, IMO.
The Wiser Precision adapter is a solid trekking pole update for hunting.

Have you witnessed carbon trekking pole failures due to them breaking from stress or cracking from hitting rocks? I’ve had a pair of el cheapo Black Ovis carbon fiber poles for 3 years now and I’ve beat the crap out of them without major failure. The only reason I’m in the market for new ones is the clamps are worn out

Koda_

Lil-Rokslider
Have you witnessed carbon trekking pole failures due to them breaking from stress or cracking from hitting rocks? I’ve had a pair of el cheapo Black Ovis carbon fiber poles for 3 years now and I’ve beat the crap out of them without major failure. The only reason I’m in the market for new ones is the clamps are worn out

Not specifically CF trekking poles but mostly mtb frames.

If they are working for you then dont change anything, its just not a material I will buy any gear item thats designed to support my weight.

OP
Loo.wii

Loo.wii

WKR

I bought 2 of these. Great find. The cap comes off and includes threads for a camera. I went to the hardware store and found the correct thread to lash them together. Total length of both poles is around 120inches

fatlander

WKR
If you can find the s&s poles, they’re awesome. A couple of my hunting partners have them. I’ve been through some cheapies over the years. Got a set of black diamond alpine carbon corks over the winter. So far, I really like them, but I don’t think they’re better than the s&s. You just can’t get the s&s anymore.

TaperPin

WKR
Unfortunately I have been through 3 different sets of trekking poles for various reasons. Some have been lost, others have been broken, and now I’m down to a non matching set. I’m looking for trekking poles with some features. I am aware of the argali poles which are threaded at the top which allows for attachment of an ice pick or bolt to bind the poles together and use them as a teepee pole , etc. Are there any other feature packed poles on the market? If I’m gonna be spending close to 200 on a set I’d like a bit more. Maybe titanium or CF components.
Skiing and hiking poles are two different things. Hiking poles can be used for snow shoeing, but that’s it.

left hunter

Lil-Rokslider
That’s a heck of a deal on those black diamonds when you include the extra 20% off code and free shipping, couldn’t pass it up!

gtriple

WKR
The Wiser QuickStix can be used on nearly any trekking poles, not just the Sissy Stix.

I have the Argali ones and they are really nice. The strap is better on them then on the Black Diamonds. I just wish they were cork instead of foam.

I also have and run the Spartan Precision Ascent tripod and use 2 of the legs as trekking poles. They are much stronger than other poles and also serve as my tripod for glassing and shooting, and as my tent pole (with a special in-line adapter like the Argali has).