Trigger pull weight general and Tikka?

So I am installing a stock on my tikka t3x and while I have it out, I was going to put in a Yo Dave trigger spring and tune the trigger weight.

as a general question, what trigger weight do you prefer for hunting rifles?

specific to tikka, does lowering the trigger weight present any issues, other than the obvious lighter trigger pull? Safety, reliability, etc?

G37some

FNG
I like the 1.5-2 lb range for my hunting guns. I always slam the bolt foward hard and slam the butt of the rifle on the floor to make sure it dosent slam fire.

Anywhere 2-2.5 pounds is plenty light for me and allows you to feel the trigger just a little before it fires. I have a Cooper with 1.5 pound trigger that is too light at times.

I can’t comment on Tikka specific safety but I also slam the bolt hard and fast repeatedly then smack the butt on a hard floor repeatedly, back to bolt and if it’s still cocked I call that good.

Y’all must be western king range hunters. < 5lbs in the whitetail woods or dark timber seems AD bound. Or hell maybe I’m wrong and need to lighten it all up.

TxxAgg

WKR
Do you swap the spring or is That just the factory trigger dialed down?
Never could get the factory tikka trigger below 2.25ish. That was good but for $10 I added the after market spring. I've done it on probably a dozen tikkas. I currently have 3. All have been safe and consistent.

homers

WKR
I prefer hunting triggers to be 3 to 3.5; I'll go lighter if only using on the bench.

Lawnboi

WKR
2lbs. Your factory spring should get you down there or atleast close. Thats straight from the manual. You don’t need a new spring for a hunting rifle, just my opinion. I want to be able to feel my trigger before it goes bang even with frozen fingers.

wyosam

WKR
I run about 18 ounces. I’ve tested by bouncing, slamming the bolt forward, and carrying it in the mountains all day with safety off (on an empty chamber). I have yet to make any of mine fire without telling them to. My tikka bench gun is at about 12 oz.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sled

WKR
i have had tikkas with adjustment ranges all over the place in the past. i think the older t3's went lower than the newer t3x but i still prefer 2lbs on my hunting rifles. if they won't safely make 2.25lbs then i'm swapping the spring.