Tikka T3X Trigger Help

Ketch

FNG
Question for those who have replaced the trigger springs in your factory t3x trigger. I have tried replacement springs from mcarbo and mtn tactical and still cant get the pull weight down under 6#. Anyone else run into this issue? I would like to get the pull weight down to 3# or less. Do I just have a bad factory trigger to start with? Any suggestions on what could be causing the issue? Thanks

Lawnboi

WKR
The factory trigger per the manual will go down to 2lbs. I have seen some that went 2.5 and some that went as low as 1.75.

If your pull weight it that high with the screw out to the mounting screw something is wrong.

LeftyWilbury

Lil-Rokslider
seems weird. i haven't measured any of my tikka triggers before or after mountain tactical springs but they're almost too light for hunting as far as i'm concerned after putting in MT Tac springs. definitely nowhere near 6 lbs

Dos XX

WKR
Do you have the trigher adjustment screw backed out until it hits the socket head cap screw or close to it?

OP
K

Ketch

FNG
Yep, the adjuster screw is backed out to the point of touching the socket head cap screw. Still consistently pulls 6-6.25#. I was only able to adjust it down to just over 7# with factory spring. Thanks

WormSportsman

Lil-Rokslider
It should be a noticeable difference with either one of those springs. I’d check out the M-CARBO video on switching out springs and look for any differences. Seems like something else is going on besides the springs so that gives you some good looks to try and identify what it is.

sdupontjr

WKR
Right, something isn't right. I don't know if it's even possible, but did you remove the stock spring? I don't think you can double spring it. Just thinking outside the box cuz it does seem weird.

JGRaider

WKR
Never had any trouble adjusting the stock Tikka spring down to a bout 2lbs, which is perfect for hunting IMO.