Triggertech and Kimber Mountain Ascent

Sako79

Lil-Rokslider
I have a Kimber Mountain Ascent chambered in 280 Ackley improved. I'm wondering if anyone has replaced their Factory Kimber trigger with a trigger Tech did it make a difference

Robbo857

Lil-Rokslider
Did you replace your trigger? I have a 280 AI and I'd like to replace or adjust the trigger, but I can't figure out to remove the trigger. If you have any insight, it would be appreciated. Thank you.

I have the Triggertech Primary in my Kimber Adirondack. It’s most definitely an improvement over the factory trigger. The feel is super crisp and really easy to adjust as well. I have mine at 1.5 lbs. More importantly, the Triggertech is designed to be ultra reliable. For $130, it was not even a question for me when I had my Adirondack turned into a custom 338 Federal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I have the Triggertech Primary in my Kimber Adirondack. It’s most definitely an improvement over the factory trigger. The feel is super crisp and really easy to adjust as well. I have mine at 1.5 lbs. More importantly, the Triggertech is designed to be ultra reliable. For $130, it was not even a question for me when I had my Adirondack turned into a custom 338 Federal.

I might have to try it.

Robbo857

Lil-Rokslider

Does yours have the 84M or 84L action? I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get the trigger out of mine (84L) and there is very little information on the Web. I took it to a gunsmith and he had it for 6 months and never worked on it.

Does yours have the 84M or 84L action? I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get the trigger out of mine (84L) and there is very little information on the Web. I took it to a gunsmith and he had it for 6 months and never worked on it.

Adirondack is the 84M action. The trigger comes out with one screw. Once you remove the action from the stock it’s super obvious, atleast on the 84M. I’ve never had a 84L, but I wouldn’t imagine it being any different.

cf4a75086145a29cc032bea8e0359148.jpg

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Give us an update once you get some time with them. Ive been really pleased with my Kimber triggers.

I don’t have any complaints about my Kimber triggers but I like messing with stuff and I’m a big fan of trigger tech, I have one in my Remington 700 375HH.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"

What kind of barrel did you get when you set the Adirondack up for 338 federal? Is that your main mountain hunting rifle?

Antares

WKR

You need a new gunsmith.

What kind of barrel did you get when you set the Adirondack up for 338 federal? Is that your main mountain hunting rifle?

It’s a Lilja 18” barrel, a little bit heavier contour than standard and is fully bedded. Steve Hallenbeck built it for me. My sheep rifle is still my Fieldcraft 6.5 Creedmoor. This will be for everything else that happens to come up. Goat, Deer, Moose etc. They both wear Nightforce NXS 2.5-10 scopes. The Fieldcraft with a new 42 and the Kimber with the 32. The Triggertech in the Kimber is really close in feel to the stock trigger of the Fieldcraft, which is excellent.

888a067f4733118b1f354800d2da1b48.jpg

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
It’s a Lilja 18” barrel, a little bit heavier contour than standard and is fully bedded. Steve Hallenbeck built it for me. My sheep rifle is still my Fieldcraft 6.5 Creedmoor. This will be for everything else that happens to come up. Goat, Deer, Moose etc. They both wear Nightforce NXS 2.5-10 scopes. The Fieldcraft with a new 42 and the Kimber with the 32. The Triggertech in the Kimber is really close in feel to the stock trigger of the Fieldcraft, which is excellent.

888a067f4733118b1f354800d2da1b48.jpg

Sweet!!! Thanks for the pic. I’m hoping to get ahold of Steve Hallenbeck to see if he could put a 20” threaded lilja on my Kimber Montana 308.

Antares

WKR
I don’t have any complaints about my Kimber triggers but I like messing with stuff and I’m a big fan of trigger tech, I have one in my Remington 700 375HH.

I’m interested to hear how you like it too. I really like the factory trigger in my Montana, but I thought I liked the factory trigger in my CZ and then I just replaced it with a Timney and now I’m questioning everything! It’s a huge improvement over the factory trigger.

I used to be like “4lbs with a mushy break, yeah, that’s fine.” Now I’ve seen the light.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I’m interested to hear how you like it too. I really like the factory trigger in my Montana, but I thought I liked the factory trigger in my CZ and then I just replaced it with a Timney and now I’m questioning everything! It’s a huge improvement over the factory trigger.

I used to be like “4lbs with a mushy break, yeah, that’s fine.” Now I’ve seen the light.

I’m interested to see too, there is a huge difference in the model 70 and model 700 triggers I replaced with Timneys and trigger techs over the last few years but I always thought the kimbers were fairly close. I sure do like the trigger tech on my 700, the timneys inuave seem a little looser but they still work well.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"

I got these delivered over the weekend. I havnt had a chance to install them but I’m hoping to knock that off the list this week and go try them out next weekend.

Reactions: wyo
Never had an issue with the stock Kimber trigger, but might pick up a Triggertech for one of my Montana's and give it a whirl.