Trijicon Credo 4-16×50 review

Elite

WKR
Hey everyone, Wondering if anyone has updates on these trijicon scopes? I am seriously looking at the tenmile or credo. It will be used for hunting and dialling at the range. Just wondering how they compare to similar scopes in that class

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey everyone, Wondering if anyone has updates on these trijicon scopes? I am seriously looking at the tenmile or credo. It will be used for hunting and dialling at the range. Just wondering how they compare to similar scopes in that class

Any comparison with the Zeiss 4-16? I’ve been looking at both.
You guys might want to check the scope evals at the top of the Long Range forum:

Thanks for the reply. Does anyone know if that scope has a zero lock? Review doesn’t say

If you are asking about the Tenmile, it may depend on which one, they are either capped or have a zerostop

Elite

WKR
Spent a week in MT hunting. Whether in/out of horse scabbard, hiking on/off trail, I didn't have any issues. I took a pretty good "semi-controlled" tumble down steep scree hill side with my Tenmile...turret didn't move.

View attachment 474585

That’s good to know, I have held off with the ZEISS for a non locking zero with that worry of it spinning and a quick shot and not realizing it, how do you like the scope?

We had a 4-16x50 credo and a 3-18x50 tenmile in alaska moose hunting this year. Both scope got the crap kicked out of them and held zero. Never had an issue with the elevation turrets moving.

TxLite

WKR
How is the low light performance on the credo 2.5-15 vs the nxs 2.5-10? Anybody have personal experience with the two? I’m stuck between these two at the moment and having a hard time justifying the extra $600 on the Nxs with everything I’ve read about the credo.

OP
762 ULTRAMAGA
How is the low light performance on the credo 2.5-15 vs the nxs 2.5-10? Anybody have personal experience with the two? I’m stuck between these two at the moment and having a hard time justifying the extra $600 on the Nxs with everything I’ve read about the credo.
Not the 2.5-15 but I also picked up a 3-18×50 Tenmile that I've run hard this season. It's on my primary crossover LR/hunting rifle.
I spent a lot of time in deep dark timber stalking whitetail this season, and with the illumination on low I had no problem seeing deer even after legal shooting hours, a guy could get in trouble if not paying attention to the regs.
I shot this buck at first light last week, I'm loving these Trijicons for hunting
20221117_070556.jpg

Attachments

• 20221117_070556.jpg
    20221117_070556.jpg
    352.4 KB · Views: 22
I have the credo 2.5-15. The scope does better than the reticle in low light. No problems at all seeing in low light. But the reticle is a little fine so it can be tough to see. So I just turn the illumination on low starting around sunset/ rise and leave it on until dark. I carry a couple extra batteries with me and they’re dirt cheap so this is an easy fix for me. Love everything else about the scope tho

TxLite

WKR
Not the 2.5-15 but I also picked up a 3-18×50 Tenmile that I've run hard this season. It's on my primary crossover LR/hunting rifle.
I spent a lot of time in deep dark timber stalking whitetail this season, and with the illumination on low I had no problem seeing deer even after legal shooting hours, a guy could get in trouble if not paying attention to the regs.
I shot this buck at first light last week, I'm loving these Trijicons for hunting
I like those Tenmiles as well. Just a little heavier than I'm wanting to go on this build. Looks great on your rifle though.
I have the credo 2.5-15. The scope does better than the reticle in low light. No problems at all seeing in low light. But the reticle is a little fine so it can be tough to see. So I just turn the illumination on low starting around sunset/ rise and leave it on until dark. I carry a couple extra batteries with me and they’re dirt cheap so this is an easy fix for me. Love everything else about the scope tho
Awesome. Thanks for the feedback. I plan to use this rifle for western hunting as well, which would require the batteries to be removed. Any experience with the NXS for comparison?

OP
762 ULTRAMAGA
I have an NX8 and a few Trijicons. In my opinion, the glass is better on the Trijicons, slightly better contrast which gives better low-light performance.
Yeah I had an NX8 4-32 for about 6 months, I was really unimpressed with it especially for a $2100 optic

KU_Geo

WKR
With the 4-16x50, what reticle are you guys running? SFP? MRAD or MOA dot? How’s it for visibility without illumination in brush/timber?

CRJR45

WKR
I was at the range with mine , HX green dot , and the dot is so small and the illumination doesn't work during the day . Not sure if I'm doing something wrong , but I'm not liking this reticule . Hard to see the dot or the crosshairs .

morgaj1

WKR
I was at the range with mine , HX green dot , and the dot is so small and the illumination doesn't work during the day . Not sure if I'm doing something wrong , but I'm not liking this reticule . Hard to see the dot or the crosshairs .
I have the MRAD center dot reticle and found the same as you. Spent a little time at the range focusing the reticle and it is much better. I have to admit that I am not a fan of center dots, would much prefer that same reticle with a crosshair.

MHWASH

WKR
View attachment 478058
Did you use the Credo or Tenmile on this buck? I'm concerned the 4x is too high for close in shots?