Trijicon Huron

WormSportsman

Lil-Rokslider
Bumping this. Euro Optic was clearing out the 3-9x40 recently, so I snagged... will update this thread with impressions. Fingers crossed it lives up to the name on the side of em, will be a hell of a package if so
Have any updates on this scope yet by chance? Looking at a 2.5-10 as it seems to check a lot of boxes for a lightweight setup I am putting together that needs a scope.

OP
OXN939

OXN939

WKR
Have any updates on this scope yet by chance? Looking at a 2.5-10 as it seems to check a lot of boxes for a lightweight setup I am putting together that needs a scope.

Loving it so far after just a few ranges, really glad I picked two of them up. As a "set and forget" SFP type optic, I can't think of many ways this could be improved. Glass is great, fairly lightweight, tracking has been spot on so far and build quality feels like exactly what I'd expect from Trijicon. Assuming it holds up to field use, I'm gonna say this is my favorite optic outside of the Nightforce category I've ever used.

IMG_20240129_080919.jpg

Loving it so far after just a few ranges, really glad I picked two of them up. As a "set and forget" SFP type optic, I can't think of many ways this could be improved. Glass is great, fairly lightweight, tracking has been spot on so far and build quality feels like exactly what I'd expect from Trijicon. Assuming it holds up to field use, I'm gonna say this is my favorite optic outside of the Nightforce category I've ever used.

View attachment 664492
Same experience here. I’m a NF guy but didn’t want to spend nf money on a 22-250 ‘farm’ gun. Ended up with the 2.5-10 Huron and I’m thoroughly impressed with it. I don’t dial with it, but for a set and forget scope it’s perfect for what I needed it to do.

Caseknife

Lil-Rokslider
Just put the 3x9 Huron Hunter BDC on a Howa Mini 6 ARC and first impression, nice scope. Tracked great while breaking in the rifle. Mounted in Talley LW lows and bore sighted, didn't have to adjust at all and was only off by 1.5" at 100yds. Eurooptic has that same scope for $300 right now, great buy.

EdP

WKR
I ended up putting a 2.5-10 Huron on my .444 Marlin. The eye relief was not an issue and that is on a rifle that tends to have some muzzle rise when shot. I am very happy with the choice.

camp_86

FNG
I have been going back and forth between the Huron and Accupoint for a set and forget whitetail woods gun. I think you all have helped lean me towards the Huron...and save some coin.

mtfallon

Lil-Rokslider
I'm in the same boat deciding between the two for a 45cal muzzleloader for new england whitetail hunting.

I have been going back and forth between the Huron and Accupoint for a set and forget whitetail woods gun. I think you all have helped lean me towards the Huron...and save some coin.
Way back when I bought my Huron I read that the Huron had the same glass as the accupoint. Not sure how true that is, but I can tell you the glass is excellent and was better than a mk4 3.5-10 I had at the time.

Is anyone using this scope to dial or are you just using the holdovers in the reticle? Thanks!
They do market it as being able to dial for shots. Also note that there isn’t a zero stop but you can set your zero on the turret. Knowing trijicons quality reputation, I’d feel confident dialing a shot, I just haven’t had a need to yet. My opinion is that these Huron and ascent scopes are the best scopes in their price range and even above. Most other scopes in this price range are made in China or Philippines.

gerry35

WKR
Thanks for the reviews everyone and please keep them coming. I'm liking the looks of the Credo and Huron scopes so it's nice to hear they are proving durable. Pretty sure my next purchase will be a Trijicon.

I fell hard last year on the ice and my scope of another brand was 8" high the next time I went out. Going to slowly upgrade my scopes as I'm able to.

Last edited:

WKR
Got mine yesterday. Comparing it to a SWFA 3-9, the glass is not quite as bright or clear and the FOV is a little less at 9x, but the eye-box is as forgiving or more so, the resolution is plenty crisp, and it is much lighter.

The turrets pull up and turn to reset at zero, so very easy to use. Overall, Im very impressed at the price. Im temped to grab another one. The short eye-box numbers listed must be a mistake, there are no issues with it whatsoever.

Last edited:
I bought the 3x9 for a new 6.5CM build and liked it enough to buy another one to replace my wife's 20x Vortex, she actually wanted a lighter weight lower powered scope she didn't have to mess with and the Huron fit the bill pretty handily since I'm cheap. Mine didn't track perfectly while sighting in, but wife's did. With the BDC we just set & forget on these so wasn't bothered, both have held fine without moving but all my other scopes do that as well. Both of ours' mounted fine without any noticeable issues with eye relief and the glass is clear enough for me not to think about it. I like them, might get a higher powered version for a different rifle but couldn't resist the $300 for the 3x9 at Euro.

WKR
How long from order time to delivery time to get it from Eurooptics? I am leaving town for a week and wanted to try to get it before I leave.
I ordered on Sunday and got it on Thursday, but I am sure shipping varies by location.