Trijicon Tenmile 3-18x44mm Field Eval Q&A

amassi

WKR
I’m moving an NX8 4-32x50 Mil-C off my main hunting 6.5 CM Tikka and ready to purchase it’s replacement. Down to the Tenmile 3-18x44 or the ATACR 4-16x42 Mil-R.

Don’t really care about the 5 oz weight difference. Nor the price difference.

Not a tree reticle fan but I know those details are very visually secondary in use.

Main stadia line thickness is 0.06 mils Tenmile vs 0.05 mils ATACR, so very close.

Hmmm…

Hard to beat the atacr. The mil-r is an upgrade for the mil-c
Yeah the tenmile has a slightly more bold reticle
But the atacr is more robust, plus you get a locking elevation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hard to beat the atacr. The mil-r is an upgrade for the mil-c
Yeah the tenmile has a slightly more bold reticle
But the atacr is more robust, plus you get a locking elevation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4mm is a big difference, yeah pun intended <wink wink>, tube size.

All kidding aside it's more of a bulk and balance issue for me. Owning several ATACR's and Tenmiles, I vastly prefer 30mm tubes on my hunting rigs even long range ones. 34mm tubes just throw off the balance and quite frankly look funny on my hunting rigs. It's just just the scope weight difference but the a scope to bore height as well as extra weight in rings. Not a lot but it all adds up.

I've never missed having the extra elevation you gain from a 34mm tube either as most of my preferred cartridge's are relativity efficient BC wise more importantly wind wise. That said I could deal with the weight and bulk if I felt the 30mm was letting me down for one reason or I vastly preferred the reticle in one vs the other.

huntnful

WKR
4mm is a big difference, yeah pun intended <wink wink>, tube size.

All kidding aside it's more of a bulk and balance issue for me. Owning several ATACR's and Tenmiles, I vastly prefer 30mm tubes on my hunting rigs even long range ones. 34mm tubes just throw off the balance and quite frankly look funny on my hunting rigs. It's just just the scope weight difference but the a scope to bore height as well as extra weight in rings. Not a lot but it all adds up.

I've never missed having the extra elevation you gain from a 34mm tube either as most of my preferred cartridge's are relativity efficient BC wise more importantly wind wise. That said I could deal with the weight and bulk if I felt the 30mm was letting me down for one reason or I vastly preferred the reticle in one vs the other.
I just checked what’s left of my Tenmile elevation. It has 14 MILs of elevation left when zeroed at 100 yards on a 20 MOA rail. So good to 1500 yards or so at sea level

I’m still really pleased with this scope. I was fortunate to recently harvest a deer and an elk on my last trip. While I agree that it isn’t a perfect reticle, it is plenty useable for me. 6x worked great at 100yds, and 10x got it done on a significantly further shot. Held zero like a champ, which is my biggest concern.

Tenmile reticle on 3X. Easily smash a buck under most circumstances with this image.

View attachment 619588
That’s a no brainer on that, but try running that on black bear and you’re going to struggle haha. One of these days I’m just going to have to try a FFP on a bear and see how it is backed all the way out. Really liking my credo and another one or tenmile is on the list for the next build VS the March 3-24.

huntnful

WKR
That’s a no brainer on that, but try running that on black bear and you’re going to struggle haha. One of these days I’m just going to have to try a FFP on a bear and see how it is backed all the way out. Really liking my credo and another one or tenmile is on the list for the next build VS the March 3-24.
Turn the illumination on if need be. Only takes 1 second. I don’t really see a downside to this scope still. Lightweight, durable, decent FFP reticle, illumination, good glass, smooth functions. All in all, it seems to be a real winner for hunting. Turrets are mushy, but distinct enough that they stay put and you can feel each individual click still.

Reactions: NSI

wnelson14

WKR
I Have one mounted on a 7rm, 20moa base, low Hawkins rings. I’m bottomed out 3” high at 100, any way around not getting a 0moa rail? The zero stop was removed and elevation dial doesn’t go lower.

I Have one mounted on a 7rm, 20moa base, low Hawkins rings. I’m bottomed out 3” high at 100, any way around not getting a 0moa rail? The zero stop was removed and elevation dial doesn’t go lower.
Sounds like the zero stop might be preventing you from going lower. I know a guy who ran into the same issue. Reset the ZT to its max, then lower to your POI and then reset.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

wnelson14

WKR
Sounds like the zero stop might be preventing you from going lower. I know a guy who ran into the same issue. Reset the ZT to its max, then lower to your POI and then reset.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
I took the Zero stop off, dial won’t go clockwise anymore, the cap is almost touching the top of the scope

Attachments

• IMG_1797.jpeg
    IMG_1797.jpeg
    236 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_1798.jpeg
    IMG_1798.jpeg
    246.4 KB · Views: 62
What was the lowest sale price these dropped to on EuroOptic? Bummed that I missed out

SDHNTR

WKR
I’m having a hard time following you. I don’t see how that’s possible and a 0 moa rail would take you the other direction.

wnelson14

WKR
I’m having a hard time following you. I don’t see how that’s possible and a 0 moa rail would take you the other direction.
zeroing the rifle, got on paper but extremely high to start, adjusted turret down as far as the turret will travel down,
shot a six shot group at 100yards and I’m impacting 3” high, my elevation turret is now bottomed out and will not go “down” any more.

Wyo_hntr

WKR
Have you been able to zero other scopes on that rifle? Have you tried that scope on a different rifle?

wnelson14

WKR
Have you been able to zero other scopes on that rifle? Have you tried that scope on a different rifle?
Yes had a NXS 2.5-10 and an NX8 on the 7rm in medium Hawkins rings and zeroed and shot perfect, and had the Tenmile on a .223 was zeroed fine, doesn’t make any sense to me.