Trimmers

jerm8352

Lil-Rokslider
I currently have a Lyman universal trimmer with the drill attachment for trimming. Works great once you have it setup but it’s a pain to switch from one cartridge to the next and have any kind of accuracy on length. What are the better options? I was looking at the Lyman Brass Smith Trim Xpress and like the speed that it seems it would trim but diner about the consistency of length and how easy it would be to switch from one length to a different one. Also looking at the Wilson with the micrometer. Any insight would be great.

seand

Lil-Rokslider
I have basically switched to trimmers that index off the shoulder. Recently I had to trim a bunch off reformed 6grendel cases after sizing to 6arc and was really impressed with the “world’s cheapest trimmer”

I have a giraud tri way for 223 and it’s a real timesaver since it chamfers and deburrs.

Last edited:
OP
J

jerm8352

Lil-Rokslider
Both! Which I know is not possible. I want speed for 223 but somewhat of precision for others. I just hate how much of a pain it is to adjust the one I currently have. I realize I might not be able to get all that I want in one unit.

Lawnboi

WKR
If you want speed for 223 I’d just buy a giraud tri way. It will be for that cartridge specifically but it chucks up to a drill. Trim, chamfer, and deburs in one step.

The wilson is a nice unit, but painfully slow if you load any volume.

If your shoot a lot the big giraud or henderson (no personal experience with this one) are what you want. Both machines trim, chamfer and debur in one step but are fairly costly. I personally have a giraud and wish I had gotten the Henderson. I can trim, chamfer and debur 100 cases in the time it took me to do 10 with the wilson and hand chamfer/debur.

Depends if your a person who has more money than time, or more time than money. I tend to be the latter but still see the benefit of the higher priced trimmers.

seand

Lil-Rokslider
The WCT from Holub machine is $23.50, depending on volume ….. chamfering and deburring separately might not be a dealbreaker. I like the VLD chamfer anyway, it’s quick with a hand tool.