tripod recomendations

yojo.3

FNG
looking at getting myself a new tripod soon. been looking at the vortex high country but was a little off about the ball head but after playing with one for a bit i think a ball head would be fine. we dont use tripods when we're hunting very often, mainly just west river mule deer every other year or so, so i cant justify spending too much on it. just looking for something sturdy enough to hold my razor binos and probably his 85mm spotter. any suggestions on a tripod and a bino adapter?

Sportsman

Lil-Rokslider
you don't have to spend an arm and a leg but there is a minimum threshold for buy once, cry once on tripods. I've had my tripod for ten years and current on models right now. I have a Manfrotto 055b I think.

You can save money on a ball head depending on the weight capacity. A ball head that supports 5lbs is cheaper than one that supports 15 lbs. Supporting binos is easy. you could do that off a bog pod with adapter.

You can also get a quality ballhead for less money if the ballhead itself weighs more. For ballheads, make sure it pans and has directional locks, not just one lock.

carbon fiber is lighter than aluminum. Aluminum is cheaper. I see that Manfrotto has a carbon fiber for $160. You can buy tripod and head separately or as a package.

Dvidos

Lil-Rokslider
you don't have to spend an arm and a leg but there is a minimum threshold for buy once, cry once on tripods. I've had my tripod for ten years and current on models right now. I have a Manfrotto 055b I think.

You can save money on a ball head depending on the weight capacity. A ball head that supports 5lbs is cheaper than one that supports 15 lbs. Supporting binos is easy. you could do that off a bog pod with adapter.

You can also get a quality ballhead for less money if the ballhead itself weighs more. For ballheads, make sure it pans and has directional locks, not just one lock.

carbon fiber is lighter than aluminum. Aluminum is cheaper. I see that Manfrotto has a carbon fiber for $160. You can buy tripod and head separately or as a package.
+1
e.png

I picked up a Manfrotto 190X and ball head from a photography forum for cheap. It's worked great for glassing and rifle use. I would recommend a carbon tripod.

archp625

WKR
I had a vortex high country tripod for my 65 mm spotter. I hated the head. To me its really hard to micro adjust with a spotter that weights that much. I upgraded to a Vortex Summit. It was much better but the head was so so. I just upgraded this spring to a Sirui carbon fiber tripod with a VA-5 head. This was exactly what I was looking for in a tripod set up. It all depend on what you want in a set up. Unfortunately I started with a tripod thats as low as I would want to go and had to trial run them to get exactly what I wanted.