Truck Camping Pad

gsully

Lil-Rokslider
Not exactly a truck pad but the Sea to Summit Comfort Plus Insulated Rectangle is about as comfortable as my bed and like 2.5#s. I bought it for backpacking but it’s a great base camp / truck pad.

brad407210

Lil-Rokslider
My dad and I got 30" wide and 3" thick self inflating mats, he got Cabelas I got Thermarest. Then we got a queen size memory foam topper which was 60" wide and cut it in half. I took an old bed sheet folded in half and sewn to make a bag that holds the foam and thermarest together. This was I can keep the thermarest inflated pretty firm and the foam topper is kind of soft so I squish through it. I've tried a number of different options, but when it comes to truck camping this is the best I've been able to find.

taybou

FNG
Another +1 for the exped megamat. It's certainly more expensive, but it's the most comfortable pad I've used, is durable, warm, and quiet. I use it on top of an old surplus cot in the back of my truck, and it was well worth the investment. In my mind, the big advantage over just foam is that you can customize the firmness with a little extra air.

7layerburrito

Lil-Rokslider
Another +1 for the exped megamat. It's certainly more expensive, but it's the most comfortable pad I've used, is durable, warm, and quiet. I use it on top of an old surplus cot in the back of my truck, and it was well worth the investment. In my mind, the big advantage over just foam is that you can customize the firmness with a little extra air.
Yeah, I just did three nights cruising around the west and every night it got down under 10 degrees and every morning I woke up feeling awesome thanks to my Megamat. I mentioned their customer service but here's more: I had my Megamat out for a friend who stayed at the house and after she left I didn't put it away and my cat decided it would be a good idea to bury her claws into it. She probably but 20 little holes in it before going on her merry way. I sent it off to Exped telling them I would pay whatever was necessary to get it fixed and they sent it back to me two weeks later, fully repaired and with a bag of cat treats in the box as a peace offering for the beast. Just outstanding care from them.

Me and the wife run TAR Mondokings. Super comfortable. Heavy as hell but I’m not taking it back in the woods, although if I could clear out 5lbs somewhere else it might be worth it for the quality of sleep.

BFazz

FNG
I’m running the Wiggy’s “luxurious“ ground pad for truck camping. 5lb+ and bulky, but makes for a great nights sleep when weight isn’t an issue.

The cabelas cot mat is comfy and not too crazy in size. My kids use it for their friends when they have sleepovers.