Turkey Meatpole

TEmbry

WKR
So lets see em! Who all has a turkey down so far? Feel free to keep adding as the season goes on!

First one is a nice Tom from Macon County Alabama two Saturdays ago. 3 rushed the decoys and we mistakenly shot the same bird. 10.5" beard 1.25" spurs. Big bird. Let my buddy claim this one having already killed dozens and us not sure which gun barrel barked first.

7epajy2y.jpg

Two days later I got my first solo Tom. Nasty weather forecasted so I snuck out anyway as the other guys in camp slept in. Paid off and got in about 80 yards from where he was roosted... Killed him about 90 seconds after he hit the ground. Solid bird but just a two year old. 10" bears and cones for spurs. Don't have the good pics on my phone so this was an as he lay picture.

by9atyje.jpg

Back after them today-Sunday. Kentucky season opens next weekend as well!

Ethan S.

Lil-Rokslider
TEmbry, congrats to you and your buddy!

Here is mine from eastern Wyoming. The action is still pretty slow around here but I was able to put the stalk on this herd bird and his harem. Also found a few sheds along the way which made for a great afternoon!

DS7_3308.JPG

DS7_3324.JPG

DS7_3341.JPG

Loaded up and ready for the pack out...

DS7_3352.JPG

DS7_3357.JPG

Eagle

WKR
Merriams are beautiful birds, congrats Ethan and Tembry. No luck so far in Alabama for me, only have public land to hunt down here. Headed to a private farm in TN tomorrow and back home to Kentucky for the opener next weekend, hopefully luck changes.

Nice work, TEmbry and Ethan. Can't start til the 15th here. Then it's off to the races with time split between Spring Bear and Turkey!

mAv

Lil-Rokslider
Damn getting jealous. Will be my first season in CO and have absolutely no idea where I will be spending time initially. Hoping to hit a few spots tomorrow to try to find some birds for next week.

MTtrout

WKR
Nice birds guys! Our general season in Utah doesn't start for a couple more weeks but was out shed hunting yesterday and two toms were gobbling pretty good

Vector32

Lil-Rokslider
uploadfromtaptalk1396793984797.jpguploadfromtaptalk1396794002575.jpguploadfromtaptalk1396794017488.jpg

Here's a few from my Kansas trip. That turkey was I first bow kill. It was an awesome trip I can't wait to go back.

trkyslr

WKR
nat3.jpgmy first cali bird i doubled up with brent. archery natural setup call in kill, no blind.

trkyslr

WKR
turk 2.jpgmy second cali longbeard, natural setup archery call in kill at 6 yards. a true 22-24 pounds, 10.5" beard, sharp 3 year old spurs.