Turkey pattern? Satisfied ?

Sighted in my new Franchi today. With my fast fire 3.
This is at 40 yards

20 gauge
Apex 9s tss

Would you want to tighten this pattern up? Or leave it just how it is ?

Attachments

• 19046674-33B1-4AB7-9496-6F34B61440F6.jpeg
    19046674-33B1-4AB7-9496-6F34B61440F6.jpeg
    289.1 KB · Views: 110
Looks good from here, I am more concerned with the size of the 20 yard pattern! That pattern will get you to 50 easy so check the impact in close!

That looks good to me. I typically draw a 10” circle split into fourths. I want almost even counts in each quarter. shooting 9’s TSS I want a good majority of the pellets in the circle at 40 yards (2/3)

The pattern at 20 will be tight, not bad! That is a really even looking pattern from what we see on the small target.

Sighted in my new Franchi today. With my fast fire 3.
This is at 40 yards

20 gauge
Apex 9s tss

Would you want to tighten this pattern up? Or leave it just how it is ?
Hey brother, you're good to go! May I suggest shoot 1 or 2 rounds at 20 and 30 just to see how tight it is in case a bird comes "too close". I've missed a few that came in too close. That TSS is a some sort of tungsten or Hevi-Shot, right? Those #9s pellets must hit like mini-cannonballs.

I would say the tom is dead? If you can that consistent pattern at 40 yards a tom isn't going anywhere at 40 yards. You may want to try at 50 to see what happens. That way you know your max shot distance.

I would have nothing but confidence with that pattern.

What are you shooting for a choke? If you have to buy a new choke for a tighter pattern, it probably isn't worth it.

Bulk of it is about the size of your fist, but it fills a 10” circle nicely. More than enough wiggle room.

From my experience with my testing shows virtually no difference between the OP’s more open pattern and my tighter pattern at 20 yards. Ymmv

Back