UA 5.0 vs other Core clothing

SNFarms

Lil-Rokslider
I use UA 5.0 for my first layer when it’s cold in Illinois. I really like it and am cold natured anyways. Do any of you have experience with UA and other Core clothing by SITKA, Kuiu, and First Lite. Do the others compare to UA 5.0. What are the pros and cons?

TwoTikkas

WKR
I too wear UA 5.0 layering. But,I also use the Sitka core light hoodie. Core next to skin. UA 5.0 next. Then either the Timberline or Kelvin lite. For most of my eastern whitetail hunting I'll wear the Timberline over the Kelvin. Unless it's quite cold,I'm good for the day. I love the core light hoodie. It's next to my skin all season. If it's cold, you won't find me without the 5.0. Good quality and good heat.

I had no idea UA made a 5.0 but I’ve put my 4.0 gear through the ringer. Great quality, and it does what it says, I’ve done several 3-6 hour sits in below zero conditions. If there is something better, I’d like to try it but I’m very happ with the UA gear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ace12

Lil-Rokslider
Not sure how close the 5.0 is to the “treestand” layers they have (not sure if they still make them) but they are the warmest I have found. I wear the UA cold gear synthetic slick stuff or FL merino next to skin. Then the treestand. A puffy vest then wooltimate and I am good for as cold as i have found in north Missouri

bbckfh

Lil-Rokslider
I like my UA baselayers. I have a mix of smartwool and first lite as well, and the Patagonia capilene. I think the others have been getting the nod lately more than UA.

Between them all, I sit in northern Michigan for 13+ hours at a time comfortably. Down helps too. As does my wonderful UA wool jacket.