UFC 285

OP
W
No. It didn’t. The only damage he took was that low blow.

I think he does anybody in the division that way if it goes to the ground. You gotta give him credit. He said he was going to run through him. He never even got to a sprint.

Tremain4414

WKR
Classified Approved
Maybe the Stipe fight will be better, that was definitely a let down tho. I really though Gane was a beast but guess it doesn’t matter how hard you hit if you get thrown to the ground and choked out

Tremain4414

WKR
Classified Approved
All respect to Jon, he’s the champ and definitely deserves it. I guess I was just hoping to see him tested by a legit heavyweight contender. I thought Gane would at least test his chin which would tell us a lot about how Jon would contend at the heavyweight level. I thought he looked slow and over weight but the results speak for themselves and he handled Gane no issues so congrats to the champ!

OP
W
All respect to Jon, he’s the champ and definitely deserves it. I guess I was just hoping to see him tested by a legit heavyweight contender. I thought Gane would at least test his chin which would tell us a lot about how Jon would contend at the heavyweight level. I thought he looked slow and over weight but the results speak for themselves and he handled Gane no issues so congrats to the champ!
He looked silly on his feet for sure. He said as much. It had more to do with getting Cane to the ground as soon as possible. He was over committing, stupid stuff. And, very Rusty.

I think we saw how Jones would beat anyone in the division. We also saw how he’d get beat. But, for now he’s the heavyweight champ.

Brooks

WKR
As big as Jones has gotten I hope he didn’t go home and beat up his girlfriend/wife again, he could really hurt her now. I expect to see him going to prison in the future.

Jauwater

WKR
Jons heavyweight fights will become more technical as he faces better wrestlers, IMO.

I think Shevchenko had this loss coming. Her last fight she got exposed a bit. I was actually surprised they gave her the W. I bet against Shevchenko last night.....💰

OP
W
I’m going to start calling grasso the cougar. The way she pounced on her was unbelievable. I do agree Valentina lost her last fight. My wife and I both thought so. I guess when it goes to decisions, anything can happen.

One thing for sure did happen last night. She was unable to man handle grasso. Grasso wasn’t scared. Valentina was exposed for the most brief part of a second. And, that’s all it took. Grasso executed a game plan and it was over.

These mma athletes are so good now. Grasso was known for her boxing. She performed well on her feet. She was getting the worst of both the ground and striking exchanges towards the end though. But, she was just waiting. Being patient. Kudos to her.

Valentina has upped the skill level. That’s what champs like her do. I’d be upset if Dana doesn’t rematch this. But, listening to him he’s unsure. Eitherway, Grasso is the new champ. It’s going to be crazy in Womens flyweight working this out over the next year or so.