Unexpected dead Mt lion sighting

OMF

Lil-Rokslider
He's just resting. Seriously, if there are no roads nearby where he might have gotten hit by a car, I'd guess he fell too.

OP
Chuckybmd

Chuckybmd

WKR
Could it have fallen?
Maybe? The slope above it looks very gradual, it would be nearly impassible to a human but I could picture a cat climbing out just fine. The pic is deceiving because the rock wall is only straight up and down at the base.

OP
Chuckybmd

Chuckybmd

WKR
Any chance it was shot and you missed the bullet hole
Maybe, but The area it’s at is probably about a 15 minute boat ride from the nearest access. Its almost inaccessible by other means, if it was wounded and then found its way down there maybe, but it would have to cover a couple of miles before ending up on the rocks

7mm-08

WKR
Interesting (and puzzling) discovery, for sure. I'm think I'm in the "it fell" camp, but could it have starved? I know that young lions can have a tough go of it after leaving their moms.

OP
Chuckybmd

Chuckybmd

WKR
Interesting (and puzzling) discovery, for sure. I'm think I'm in the "it fell" camp, but could it have starved? I know that young lions can have a tough go of it after leaving their moms.
Yeah, would be crazy to see a cat fall. They’ve always seemed very agile and surefooted. I guess it could happen. Makes it even more rare I guess.

OP
Chuckybmd

Chuckybmd

WKR
I didn’t know there was anywhere in the lower 48 that was 5 miles from the road as the crow flies. That’s almost as cool as finding the cat.
I should add that I meant paved roads where it was likely to have gotten hit. There’s a couple of two tracks in the area, should’ve been more clear on that. Also it looks closer to 3 miles actually pulling up a map.

Interesting concept about roads though.

505Wapiti

WKR
Well, there goes the argument for Bigfoot believers…. People actually do find dead mountain lions and bears!

OP
Chuckybmd

Chuckybmd

WKR
Well, there goes the argument for Bigfoot believers…. We actually do find dead mountain lions and bears!
Ha ha, that’s true!

Hilariously, I had a local politician claim that Bigfoot was real and showed me photos of tracks on the ground, that were supposed evidence.

Beendare

WKR
Lions chase critters through those cliffs….best guess is a fall

I’ve seen tree squirrels fall from the huge oaks at my house….and there are vids on youtube of lions and critters running and falling off of cliffs. It happens.