Unimaginable 120 yard shot on bull

I cannot imagine taking this shot but I guess those who do have the well-practiced skill and confidence to pull it off. It's just an amazing thing. The arc on that arrow...holy FN cow! Start at the 22 minute mark.

ganngus

Lil-Rokslider
Furthest bull I’ve taken with bow was at 95 yds. Furthest animal taken was a pronghorn at 105. Regularly practice out to 125 yds. Todays technology and sliding pins open up a whole new world of possibilities. Just need a well tuned bow and know your gear.

Furthest bull I’ve taken with bow was at 95 yds. Furthest animal taken was a pronghorn at 105. Regularly practice out to 125 yds. Todays technology and sliding pins open up a whole new world of possibilities. Just need a well tuned bow and know your gear.

Need to consider time of flight and what can happen over that time too.

ganngus

Lil-Rokslider
Need to consider time of flight and what can happen over that time too.

That’s why I said know your gear. If a person is in a 25mpg crosswind, they shouldn’t take a shot. If it’s still, calm animal, and you know your capabilities with your gear, you can do it with high probability

That’s why I said know your gear. If a person is in a 25mpg crosswind, they shouldn’t take a shot. If it’s still, calm animal, and you know your capabilities with your gear, you can do it with high probability

Maybe. I have done a lot of what would be long range archery, been doing less and less of it. Just a lot of variables, elk don't tend to be spooky, or mule deer. But lots of other animals are, including antelope.

At 100 yards what was a calm animal might not be once the arrow gets there.

The10%

Lil-Rokslider
Just because you can make this shot on a target doesn’t mean that you should take it on a live animal even if you are Tim Wells. Way too many variables and a high risk of wounding an animal IMO.
I agree with you. But would you say the same for a 1000yd rifle shot or 300yd muzzleloader?