Unit 76 CO fire

tdhanses

WKR
Anyone know much about the Quartz Ridge fire, is this in 76 or on the edge of it? Sounds like they aren’t fighting it and just going to let it burn since it’s so remote.

guylaga

Lil-Rokslider
I believe this fire is only in 78. Didn't hardly notice any smoke when I was in that area.

The Bear creek fire was a lot more noticeable and seemed to double from when I arrived to left, or at least the amount of smoke did.

Hnthrdr

WKR
Heard an interesting theory about how early moisture and then lack of it has kept most elk way up high. Guys go to scout, do see elk down low and didn’t realize how rugged the place is, then with the points taken to draw a lot of older dudes aren’t up for the remote wilderness hunt and jump ship

GT7

FNG
Thanks I was confused. Shot my over the counter bull at 11,400ft last year, didnt even see an elk on public below 10,800

Hnthrdr

WKR
Thanks I was confused. Shot my over the counter bull at 11,400ft last year, didnt even see an elk on public below 10,800
Guys are just talking about a massive amount of turn ins from a “trophy” unit this year something like 30 tags have been turned in

JRay

Lil-Rokslider
Hunted with a buddy during muzzy season this year in that unit. The feed was best from 11k on up. Didn’t find raspberries until we got to 11.5k. Not even along the creeks. They had a really dry summer!

Hnthrdr

WKR
Hunted with a buddy during muzzy season this year in that unit. The feed was best from 11k on up. Didn’t find raspberries until we got to 11.5k. Not even along the creeks. They had a really dry summer!
That bull in your avatar from this year? If so really cool bull!