Unknown no longer reloading

Cynoscion

Lil-Rokslider
I found Unknown Munitions several years ago via Rokslide and ended up buying loaded ammunition from them for 3 of my rifles eventually owning 300 or more rounds each for my 6.5 PRC, 7 SAUM and .300 PRC. I have always kept my brass and boxes from them with the full intentions of sending everything back to get reloaded when I am running low on ammunition.

Fast forward to today. I called b/c I am running out of 6.5 PRC and 7 SAUM and wanted to get everything reloaded. I was told that they are no longer reloading ammunition. This stinks bc these rifles love their loaded ammo and it’s really all I’ve ever shot out of them.

Can anybody recommend a reputable company to reload all of this for me? I always purchased the best brass they had available at the time bc they said I could always get it reloaded through them so now I find myself stuck with a bunch of high dollar brass and pretty sparse factory ammo offerings if I have to go that route.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• IMG_4070.jpeg
    IMG_4070.jpeg
    232 KB · Views: 131

TxLite

WKR
Are they still offering loaded ammo and just not offering to reload brass?

If so you could sell your brass and just purchase more ammo. If not then that sucks

packer58

WKR
I found Unknown Munitions several years ago via Rokslide and ended up buying loaded ammunition from them for 3 of my rifles eventually owning 300 or more rounds each for my 6.5 PRC, 7 SAUM and .300 PRC. I have always kept my brass and boxes from them with the full intentions of sending everything back to get reloaded when I am running low on ammunition.

Fast forward to today. I called b/c I am running out of 6.5 PRC and 7 SAUM and wanted to get everything reloaded. I was told that they are no longer reloading ammunition. This stinks bc these rifles love their loaded ammo and it’s really all I’ve ever shot out of them.

Can anybody recommend a reputable company to reload all of this for me? I always purchased the best brass they had available at the time bc they said I could always get it reloaded through them so now I find myself stuck with a bunch of high dollar brass and pretty sparse factory ammo offerings if I have to go that route.

Thanks in advance
I would at the very least give UM a call and see if you can get all your load data "if you haven't already" That way you can pass this info on to your next ammo maker .......

OP
Cynoscion

Cynoscion

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the suggestions. I did call Unknown today and that’s when I found out that they aren’t reloading. I guess I was so shocked to find that out that it never crossed my mind to get load data. Hopefully Unknown chimes in with some recommendations as I can’t be the only one in this situation.
I’ll keep this thread updated and let y’all know what I end up doing bc there could potentially be a bunch of once fired ADG brass for sale in the classifieds.

Sounds like a great time to start reloading. You could probably just about break even buying used/cheaper equipment. Might be a little difficult to source the components but not impossible and you will be glad to have the new skillset 👍🏻

OP
Cynoscion

Cynoscion

Lil-Rokslider
No doubt it would benefit me long term but I don’t have anywhere to put the equipment and as OCD as I am, the last thing I need is another hobby that requires exactness and precision.

Probably should just wait for Jake to respond, but this is from their FAQ. Did you clarify that the brass you wanted reloaded came from them originally? My guess is that's the miscommunication. All their reloading info is still online and it seems like they would have mentioned it on the podcast...

1705964669237.png

OP
Cynoscion

Cynoscion

Lil-Rokslider
There was no miscommunication I can assure you. I made it very clear that it was all loaded ammo, purchased from them and that I was wanting to return that empty brass to them for the reloading services I had talked to Jake about several years ago when I made my very first ammo purchase from them. She informed me that they were not reloading any more at this time. She said they may start again in the future but not anytime soon.

That's a bummer. I've not paid attention to the fired brass market but I wouldn't be surprised if you could get around $1/ea for ADG or Lapua once fired PRC/SAUM brass.

Harvey_NW

WKR
Probably should just wait for Jake to respond, but this is from their FAQ. Did you clarify that the brass you wanted reloaded came from them originally? My guess is that's the miscommunication. All their reloading info is still online and it seems like they would have mentioned it on the podcast...

View attachment 661417
They've been putting quite a bit of equipment for sale on their IG account, wouldn't surprise me if they decided to dump that operation in lieu of how fast the business spectrum is growing.

SDHNTR

WKR
You know, perhaps you should take this as a gentle nudge into reloading yourself. If you really think about it, these reloading services aren’t that practical anyways. Lots change. By the time you shoot through your first batch, the powder/primer/bullet lot they used originally will certainly have changed. So even though they are using the same recipe, you probably are not going to get the exact same results as you did with the previous batch. Velocity and perhaps poi will naturally vary. It just doesn’t work the way you think it would if you expect precision. IMO, there’s no substitute for loading yourself. Take the plunge.

They've been putting quite a bit of equipment for sale on their IG account, wouldn't surprise me if they decided to dump that operation in lieu of how fast the business spectrum is growing.
Ahh yeah, I did see a story post where Jake was advertising a big ole powder machine.

Weird that they would stop a service and not take down all the info on their page. Half the website is dedicated to reloading and load dev. Maybe a temporary pause while getting new equipment?

OP
Cynoscion

Cynoscion

Lil-Rokslider
You know, perhaps you should take this as a gentle nudge into reloading yourself. If you really think about it, these reloading services aren’t that practical anyways. Lots change. By the time you shoot through your first batch, the powder/primer/bullet lot they used originally will certainly have changed. So even though they are using the same recipe, you probably are not going to get the exact same results as you did with the previous batch. Velocity and perhaps poi will naturally vary. It just doesn’t work the way you think it would if you expect precision. IMO, there’s no substitute for loading yourself. Take the plunge.
Thanks for the advice but like I said above, I don’t have anywhere to put reloading supplies and have no desire to start reloading.
I also understand that POI will most likely change between lots for multiple reasons. This is why I always ordered 300 rounds at a time. I just looked at the load data in the boxes and most of this ammo was loaded in 2020 and 2021 so it lasted me a pretty good while.

DosAmigos

FNG
Copper Creek has great reviews. I’ve always used UM or Choice. Looks like I’ll be calling Copper Creek. Thanks for the info.