Unpopular Opinion on Kuiu?

You know Kuiu was thinking "yet another guy who forgot to pack TP, that is totally our fault".

That’s what the other glove is for. It’s a designer custom fit single use piece of TP. YMMV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you receive free replacements for products you lost? Or was the great service for damaged goods that you were still in the possession of?

If your SO lost her diamond ring (assumption on my part), would you go to the place that you bought the ring from and demand that they replace it for free since you spent money with them?
A glove costs them a few bucks to make and the value of someone coming on line and singing praise is often worth more. Not saying they had to, or even should have. But there is value in it from a marketing standpoint. I've had companies in the mountain bike industry do this numerous times with low dollar items. Even eating shipping costs while doing it sometimes.

OldDog

FNG
Classified Approved
You might reach out to the "Michael Jackson Glove Company" - they sell pairs of one.

A glove costs them a few bucks to make and the value of someone coming on line and singing praise is often worth more. Not saying they had to, or even should have. But there is value in it from a marketing standpoint. I've had companies in the mountain bike industry do this numerous times with low dollar items. Even eating shipping costs while doing it sometimes.
And where would Kuiu draw the line for giving free gear to those who “lost” it?

Just gloves? Any glove up to and including their down glassing glommit? What about their hip pouches for their packs? what about socks? What about single items? Is there a dollar amount?

Is it limited solely to the original purchaser or future owners?

What would then happen to their warranty? It’d have to change as folks would likely to “lose” their gear rather than admit that they abused their gear rather than having a legitimate manufacturer defect that needs to be addressed. In effect you’d have free gear for life.

What would happen to the prices? They’d have to increase a lot to cover the free replacements for the “lost” gear.

OP
G

Goolahg

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
Im sticking to my guns. Admitting defeat is for weaklings. And weaklings cry to Kuiu about their gloves.

You could make a condiment out of this hate, lol.

When James O'Keefe said be brave he was never on the rokslide forums.

Deciding on whether or not to double down and write a letter to Kuiu corporate and post it in here...

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

I've had to use their customer service multiple times, and they have always taken good care of me, and quickly, no questions asked. Why would they sell you one glove? You lost it, just suck it up and buy a new pair.

roymunson

WKR
entitled america strikes again
didn't you once brag about sending shoes with hundreds of miles on them back to Cabelas for a refund?

Cool your jets, Zap

As for the glove thing... Dude, if you're buying $40 gloves, that's your problem. But they're under NO obligation to give you a 1/2 a set of gloves because YOU lost it... Cmon man... You wouldn't ask for 1 sock because you lost one.

*zap*

WKR
didn't you once brag about sending shoes with hundreds of miles on them back to Cabelas for a refund?

Cool your jets, Zap

As for the glove thing... Dude, if you're buying $40 gloves, that's your problem. But they're under NO obligation to give you a 1/2 a set of gloves because YOU lost it... Cmon man... You wouldn't ask for 1 sock because you lost one.

Not true at all....you cool your jets.

*zap*

WKR
^ you have the facts wrong. Better work on your memory. My kid was outgrowing clothing very fast and the manager told us while we were shopping that we could return the stuff that was small on him for partial credit toward new stuff instead of trying to sell it.

roymunson

WKR
^ you have the facts wrong. Better work on your memory. My kid was outgrowing clothing very fast and the manager told us while we were shopping that we could return the stuff that was small on him for partial credit toward new stuff instead of trying to sell it.
lies...

And I am busting your chops... I don't care what you did.

Relevant perhaps, but I ordered from Kuiu’s Labor Day sale 11 days ago now. Order not filled yet. I know they got backed up, but dang.

Ho5tile1

Lil-Rokslider

Just gloves? Any glove up to and including their down glassing glommit? What about their hip pouches for their packs? what about socks? What about single items? Is there a dollar amount?

What would then happen to their warranty? It’d have to change as folks would likely to “lose” their gear rather than admit that they abused their gear rather than having a legitimate manufacturer defect that needs to be addressed. In effect you’d have free gear for life.

What would happen to the prices? They’d have to increase a lot to cover the free replacements for the “lost” gear.

I would say they can draw the line on there platinum members People who spend a thousand or more a year with them. That seems like a good option but only with a case by case decision. Of course it’s there call to make and there right to choose ether way…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's the point of your post? I've spoken my piece and I'm not going to engage with you. I've described what I've experienced in other industries. Obviously it's a business model that has some value to certain companies or it wouldn't exist. I assumed it was also obvious this wouldn't be something in writing but something that gets done on a case by case basis. As another example Santa Cruz Bicycles has been known to warranty carbon mountain bike frames when cable rub, rubs through the paint into the carbon. This can be argued as a setup issue. They've even went as far as upgrading someone to a newer model frame. They also provide free bearing replacement for the life of the frame. 10-12 high grade bearings certainly cost more than a glove. What do you think the mark up is on their gloves? Why does first lite and Sitka both have a pro deal program that's very easy to get into and offers 40% off? I'm sure this is all built into their price point so they obviously aren't losing money. FWIW a new Santa Cruz frame will set you back $4,000-$5,000 depending on the model. We're talking about a missing glove or a sock. You draw the line where you would like. Your post is why Internet forums suck.