Upland Bird Hunters

M50jense

FNG
Reaching out to any other upland bird hunters in southwest Colorado or New Mexico who like to hunt upland birds. I enjoy chasing quail, Chukar, pheasants etc with my pointer.

fmarrs3

FNG
I'll bite. I have a 2yo Vizsla who I'm hoping will get some of his first wild birds this fall/winter. Mostly new to upland hunting. Where are you located? I am in Los Alamos NM.

OP
M

M50jense

FNG
I'll bite. I have a 2yo Vizsla who I'm hoping will get some of his first wild birds this fall/winter. Mostly new to upland hunting. Where are you located? I am in Los Alamos NM.
Hi. Just received ur reply. I am in Cortez Colorado in Southwest Colorado near four corners. I try to make several trips down into Arizona to hunt quail. Just finished up with big game seasons and now focusing my spare time on bird hunting

dtrkyman

WKR
5644ee41a2e2d069c7abcf7739066bf1.jpg

New Mexico, flushed a pile of these guys, killed 7. They have an amazing ability to flush behind a mesquite and offer no shot…especially while solo!

Good bird numbers this year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
M

M50jense

FNG
5644ee41a2e2d069c7abcf7739066bf1.jpg

New Mexico, flushed a pile of these guys, killed 7. They have an amazing ability to flush behind a mesquite and offer no shot…especially while solo!

Good bird numbers this year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Awesome. Had a good 1st day in AZ today

Attachments

• FD264A0F-AD4A-4C46-8D9B-3D1754DB202A.jpeg
    FD264A0F-AD4A-4C46-8D9B-3D1754DB202A.jpeg
    483.2 KB · Views: 19
  • 2F6355F7-EA16-4924-A081-D0957EFF6C15.jpeg
    2F6355F7-EA16-4924-A081-D0957EFF6C15.jpeg
    502.9 KB · Views: 18
I'm in Durango and hunt Blue Grouse and Ptarmigan semi-locally, hoping to go after some chukar up around Grand Junction at some point. I would jump at the chance to meet some other local bird hunters, there's not many around here, so if you're interested, shoot me a PM!

rbljack

WKR
West texas here/ Snyder Texas, but also go over to new mexico a handful of times a year for scout trips on deer and elk, shed hunting, turkey hunting etc. Been bird hunting for dove and quail a handful of times here in West Texas. This year will be different. We got our Chocolate Lab gunner last year for my wifes Bday. He went thru 4 months of Obedience and gun dog training over the winter. I didn't get to hunt with him last year, but dove opener is a week away and we will be out there! Follow that with some quail hunting after that. I have a lot of work to do with him as he is not a seasoned dog. Very excited for the upcoming hunting year. I've considered traveling over to NM and maybe even Arizona to try my luck there, but Id rather go with a few other people to make a trip out of it. More like an elk or deer camp that way (if that makes sense). I dont think Id go that far just by myself for a solo trip. After quail, then its going to be some duck and sand hill crane! If anyone wants to try and organize a few hunters into a trip to New mexico, id be up for that possibly. Maybe even Arizona.