Using FL Bushing die... will I ever need a traditional FL sizer?

TruckMonkey

Lil-Rokslider
If I am using a Redding type s bushing die, will I ever need a traditional FL sizing die?

Is there any purpose for a traditional Fl sizing die if the bushing die is working well?

Yarbs003

Lil-Rokslider
The only thing you may want is the expander on the traditional die if your necks ever get dinged up at the range and you need push them back out. Your type s may even have the option to add one. Other then that your bushing die is the way to go, works the brass a lot less extending their life.

The Redding type s has a expander ball on the decapping pin I haven’t tried I’ve used the expander mandrel by Sinclair. I was hoping to not have to use the mandrel but the bushing die sizes the neck just a hair to small for my trimming pilot it won’t fit in the neck unless I run the expander through it. That type s with the right bushing you shouldn’t need any other sizing die

Mike S

FNG
If you ever want to turn your case necks, a FL die will size the neck all of the way to the shoulder before turning. Bushing dies do not typically do that.