Utah Draw Results 2021

Well, its official. I got the email. A part of me was thinking this could still not be what I thought it was. Still cant believe it. I remember reading about the Henrys when I was younger. A true dream tag.

SUCCESSFUL: Premium LE Muzzleloader Buck Deer

Hunt: Henry Mtns
Weapon: Muzzleloader
Your season date(s): Sept 29 - Oct 7, 2021

Ketron10a

FNG
Well, its official. I got the email. A part of me was thinking this could still not be what I thought it was.

SUCCESSFUL: Premium LE Muzzleloader Buck Deer

Hunt: Henry Mtns
Weapon: Muzzleloader
Your season date(s): Sept 29 - Oct 7, 2021

Get some!!! You got this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UtahJimmy

WKR
haha

poor you, have to hunt your third choice. I wonder who put those in there anyways.
I guess I need to explain myself for being whiny

Last year I should have drawn dedicated (100% based on points from previous year) so I didn't put in for GS. Then they cut tags AFTER the draw deadline passed. So I couldn't change and didn't draw a deer tag.

Fast forward to this year and I thought with an extra point and a year with 0 added peoples into the DH program, I would draw. Also had the point for GS deer so I put in for the same unit for archery, which was normally 100% draw odds with 1pt. Well they shifted tag numbers again this year...

I guess what I'm getting at is they need to release tag numbers before the application deadline OR push the application deadline until after tag numbers are set. It's very difficult to plan hunts when you don't have all the data to accurately determine your odds. I didn't apply for a deer tag in CO because I wanted to focus on my DH unit. Now that plan is pointless...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

greaseywater

Lil-Rokslider
Just curious why did you hop in the utah system?

Other than general deer is the worst game in the country.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
I jumped in to Utah for general deer. More specifically, I only bought a preference point because I'm planning to put in for a general tag next year and wanted a few more options. Since I already paid the cover charge in the form of a hunting license, I bought a few raffle tickets because they were cheap. La Sal/Triangle Mule Deer, San Juan Elk, Henrys Bison all for $45. Terrible odds of course, for someone with no bonus points, but there is a greater than 0 chance. With odds that low, it didn't make sense to just buy a point.

CorbLand

WKR
I guess I need to explain myself for being whiny

Last year I should have drawn dedicated (100% based on points from previous year) so I didn't put in for GS. Then they cut tags AFTER the draw deadline passed. So I couldn't change and didn't draw a deer tag.

Fast forward to this year and I thought with an extra point and a year with 0 added peoples into the DH program, I would draw. Also had the point for GS deer so I put in for the same unit for archery, which was normally 100% draw odds with 1pt. Well they shifted tag numbers again this year...

I guess what I'm getting at is they need to release tag numbers before the application deadline OR push the application deadline until after tag numbers are set. It's very difficult to plan hunts when you don't have all the data to accurately determine your odds. I didn't apply for a deer tag in CO because I wanted to focus on my DH unit. Now that plan is pointless...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Same thing happened to me last year. I applied for a muzzleloader tag as its my favorite season but I prefer hunting over not. They cut tags after applications were in and had I known that, I would have done archery. Thats why I went with dedicated this year. Its has better draw odds for the unit I hunt than the general muzzleloader tag.

Sounds like 2023 they will have tag numbers posted before applications are due.

CorbLand

WKR
How do they plan to accomplish this? Must have missed that part of the meeting.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
They didnt say. It was in the last board meeting towards the start if I remember correctly. One of the board members asked Lindy and she said they were working on it and plan to have them available for the 2023 application period.

Edit. Starts at 52:50 on the 4/29/21 board meeting.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
They didnt say. It was in the last board meeting towards the start if I remember correctly. One of the board members asked Lindy and she said they were working on it and plan to have them available for the 2023 application period.

Edit. Starts at 52:50 on the 4/29/21 board meeting.
Well they have to push population estimate numbers to earlier in the year or push application deadline back both choices seem unlikely.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Smokey12

Lil-Rokslider
Congrats to those that got a tag. I still haven't received an email so who knows..