Utah- Nine Mile, Anthro Archery

akak510

FNG
I drew the nonresident archery tag for this unit and have been doing some heavy online scouting the last few days. I have also talked to a couple people about the unit who have a little experience in there. So far I continue to hear that there are not a high number of elk in the unit but there are some good ones if you are patient. There are only 6 tags for elk in the unit so pressure shouldn't be too high. I will only get a couple days in the unit to, if any, to scout before the season starts. I have talked to several guides and some have had decent success there before. They claim it's very hard to find them if you don't know where to look. I am able to spend a couple weeks of the season there if necessary. I've hunted elk for a couple years but I don't claim to be a great elk hunter. I'm considering hiring a guide.

Does anyone have experience in this unit that may be able to share some insight? Does anyone know a guide that has experience in this specific unit they would recommend?

Hey akak510, I was wondering how your elk hunt went? I am also a non res and wondering if this tag is worth putting in for? Thanks for your time.

Back