UV Button

Curious how similar it feels to a stan perfex since it looks identical, minus what looks to be less adjustability with the stan

bigbuckdj

WKR
Anybody know anything about the weights?
My choc addiction is just over 4 oz, my stainless uv2 is under 4.5 oz, and they are showing the stainless weight on goHUNT at 8 oz? I can’t find it listed anywhere else.

Yeah this has definitely got me thinking about it. Being that the UV 2 and UV button are basically identical in form factor

NGK808

FNG
Ordered one on release day. Have not gotten a shipping confirmation yet. Hoping to compare to my Perfex and GOAT, and share my findings.

bigbuckdj

WKR
There’s really so many good options for this type of release, the goat, the abyss/fulkrum, the blade/sweet spot, and all the stand and scatter options. Id like to try them all but I now have $1000 worth of releases and a $700 bow. Feels silly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Christopher.Reed

Lil-Rokslider
Curious how similar it feels to a stan perfex since it looks identical, minus what looks to be less adjustability with the stan

I got a 3D print (which is supposed to be identical to the production run) of the release with a scope purchased last week and I shoot a Stan Onnex (large) currently.

I have long skinnyish fingers and for my hand, I prefer the feel of the ultra vision. The Stan is thicker in the hand than the UV.

NGK808

FNG

I got a 3D print (which is supposed to be identical to the production run) of the release with a scope purchased last week and I shoot a Stan Onnex (large) currently.

I have long skinnyish fingers and for my hand, I prefer the feel of the ultra vision. The Stan is thicker in the hand than the UV.

The UV's have a noticeably longer neck, so you would feel it in your anchor point. May have to shorten your loop or play with the drawlength.

The Perfex may be slightly thicker than the UV, but the Onnex is noticeably thicker. The Onnex hinge is nice, but I like the Hinge 2 better, so I'm planning to sell it while I wait for the Button to arrive.

bigbuckdj

WKR
I have a uv hinge 2 and had a perfex. The neck or gap between pointer and index is smaller with the UV. I think Stan made a mistake making that even larger from the perfex to the onnex. A Stan sx3 will probably be closest to the uv button of what is out there now.

Edit: Posted before I read the post above. I agree with all that.

Christopher.Reed

Lil-Rokslider
The UV's have a noticeably longer neck, so you would feel it in your anchor point. May have to shorten your loop or play with the drawlength.

The Perfex may be slightly thicker than the UV, but the Onnex is noticeably thicker. The Onnex hinge is nice, but I like the Hinge 2 better, so I'm planning to sell it while I wait for the Button to arrive.

With the printout I couldn’t actually draw back my bow and feel the anchor unfortunately.

If it is a longer neck that might actually be helpful for me as I’m at a 30.5” which is an awkward length for bow shopping and I wouldn’t mind dropping half an inch and being able to try some shorter ATA bows .

NGK808

FNG
With the printout I couldn’t actually draw back my bow and feel the anchor unfortunately.

If it is a longer neck that might actually be helpful for me as I’m at a 30.5” which is an awkward length for bow shopping and I wouldn’t mind dropping half an inch and being able to try some shorter ATA bows .

I think when I measured the Perfex compared to the Hinge 2, the hook was 1/8" longer on the Hinge. So maybe shortening your D loop and using the Hinge could eek you out about a 1/4" more draw length.

A long draw seems like a nice problem to have (as long as it's not way into the 33"+ range). You guys get so much more speed compared to my 27.5" DL!

Christopher.Reed

Lil-Rokslider
I think when I measured the Perfex compared to the Hinge 2, the hook was 1/8" longer on the Hinge. So maybe shortening your D loop and using the Hinge could eek you out about a 1/4" more draw length.

A long draw seems like a nice problem to have (as long as it's not way into the 33"+ range). You guys get so much more speed compared to my 27.5" DL!

Just my opinion with limited experience but; 30” seems to be the sweet spot as anything longer requires a longer ATA which generally results in a higher brace height so any speed increase is diminished for those of us on the short end of the long draw spectrum.

If someone has a 32” or 33” it would probably make up for the higher brace height but with a 30.5” I think your actually shooting slower than a 30” with lower brace height.

After this season I might try backing down to a 30” to see if i can get used to it and see if I can back into a lower brace height and ATA .

wayoh22

WKR
So received it this morning and have nothing but good things to say about this release. The amount of customization is second to none. It does come "hot" out of the box but that was intended. I'm hitting dead on with both my hinge 2 and button. The only thing that took me a second to figure out was attaching it to the d-loop. You kind of have to use your thumb or index finger but after you do it a few times it's 2nd nature.

NGK808

FNG
So received it this morning and have nothing but good things to say about this release. The amount of customization is second to none. It does come "hot" out of the box but that was intended. I'm hitting dead on with both my hinge 2 and button. The only thing that took me a second to figure out was attaching it to the d-loop. You kind of have to use your thumb or index finger but after you do it a few times it's 2nd nature.
Good to hear. I’m excited to finally have a thumb release that’s interchangeable with the Hinge 2. Mine finally shipped this morning, so will probably get it by early next week.

bigbuckdj

WKR
I got mine in, very nice, the aluminum one is 3.1 oz. Does anybody have a weight on the stainless one? My stainless h2 is 4.2 oz

Last edited:

mortskee

FNG
I received the UV button a couple days ago. The thumb peg is awesome. The shape and texture bites into your thumb perfectly.