Vane Glue.

MattB

WKR
I've used other glues and never the primer pen and have fine results with AAE Max Hunter vanes.

Wellsdw

WKR
I use AAE Max hunter vanes on GT XT arrows. Usually just scuff clean the arrow, hit the arrow and vane with rubbing alcohol, or acetone. Then i use gorilla glue super gel on the vanes. I work part time at a hardware store that sells a large selection of glues. I was bored one day and started tinkering on arrows with the instock glues and Gorilla gel was what i settled on. I do let the glue dry 7-10 min before moving to the next vane. Generally glues that come in to contact with plastic have to be formulated to stick to "that plastic" with certain additives in the manufacturing of the plastic. There is almost always a cheap glue you can find marketed under a general purpose glue that will stick. Usually at about 75% cheaper than Fletch Glue. You just have to find what works. Ive also had good results with gorilla glue clear for inserts.

OP
Ndstevens

Ndstevens

Lil-Rokslider
I use AAE Max hunter vanes on GT XT arrows. Usually just scuff clean the arrow, hit the arrow and vane with rubbing alcohol, or acetone. Then i use gorilla glue super gel on the vanes. I work part time at a hardware store that sells a large selection of glues. I was bored one day and started tinkering on arrows with the instock glues and Gorilla gel was what i settled on. I do let the glue dry 7-10 min before moving to the next vane. Generally glues that come in to contact with plastic have to be formulated to stick to "that plastic" with certain additives in the manufacturing of the plastic. There is almost always a cheap glue you can find marketed under a general purpose glue that will stick. Usually at about 75% cheaper than Fletch Glue. You just have to find what works. Ive also had good results with gorilla glue clear for inserts.
Thanks for your help man

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Super 91

Lil-Rokslider
Loc-tite professional has been my go to glue for the past several years and so far it has not let me down one time. It is a little more runny than many glues today, but I like that. Put some on the base of the vane, use a q-tip to spread it evenly and soak up the excess, and press and hold the clamp to the shaft for 10 seconds, let it sit for 20 more and you are golden. Using this glue and Q2i vanes, you can't get them off easily. Great peace of mind not having to worry whether your vanes are going to fall off or break loose at that critical moment.

OP
Ndstevens

Ndstevens

Lil-Rokslider
Loc-tite professional has been my go to glue for the past several years and so far it has not let me down one time. It is a little more runny than many glues today, but I like that. Put some on the base of the vane, use a q-tip to spread it evenly and soak up the excess, and press and hold the clamp to the shaft for 10 seconds, let it sit for 20 more and you are golden. Using this glue and Q2i vanes, you can't get them off easily. Great peace of mind not having to worry whether your vanes are going to fall off or break loose at that critical moment.
Thanks for the loc tite info bob. Sounds like I have some experimenting to do

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Save yourself a lot of headache and money on arrow wraps, if using them, and go with AAE glue if using their vanes. I use their max stealth, and tried different glues. They will work for about 2 weeks, then they over harden and get brittle and break. Only thing I have found with max stealth vanes that work is AAE glue, and prep the vanes either with their primer pen or with PVC primer. Also, clean wraps or arrows with alcohol first.

2blade

WKR
Save yourself a lot of headache and money on arrow wraps, if using them, and go with AAE glue if using their vanes. I use their max stealth, and tried different glues. They will work for about 2 weeks, then they over harden and get brittle and break. Only thing I have found with max stealth vanes that work is AAE glue, and prep the vanes either with their primer pen or with PVC primer. Also, clean wraps or arrows with alcohol first.

PVC primer, the purple stuff, seriously?

After having issues, I just bit on the marketing machine that is the AAE kit that comes with everything in it. Haven't had an issue since.

PVC primer, the purple stuff, seriously?
Yup, or they make it in clear as well. If using to bare arrow might not need it, but fletching onto arrow wraps I have found with the max stealth if you don't prime, either with theirs or some other primer, the fletching tend to break loose after about 2 weeks/2-3 dozen shots. Have some arrows in my quiver right now that are fletched with PVC primer from over a year ago and going strong (y)

Super 91

Lil-Rokslider
Wait until I tell my plumber buddy that I'm using purple primer to prep his vanes.....Ha! Ha! He would die laughing. We actually just put together some Beman Whiteout arrows (IE pvc pipe....lol) and did a Q2i 4 fletch, one of their "blue", which looks more purple to me, and three white vanes. I told him I was making him some "plumber" arrows, and he loved them!! But I have no doubt that the plumbers primer would work. I did not know they made it in clear though. Might look into that

I just want to add to what I already said. Any super glue type glues need to be fresh. They don't last very long once opened.