Victor dog food recall

Mosby

WKR
As an fyi, Victor Hi Pro Plus has been recalled for Salmonella. It's a popular dog food so I thought I would pass along for those feeding it.

musty

FNG
Thank you for the heads up. Freaked me out there for a second cause I just bought a forty pounder of this stuff for my dog.

"The affected product was only sold in 5-pound bags. No human or pet illnesses have been reported to date.

According to the company, its products were distributed to various distributors and retailers in the United States. The affected product consists of 644 cases sold in 5-pound bags with a lot code of 1000016385 and a Best By Date of 4/30/2024."

OP
Mosby

Mosby

WKR
The affected product consists of 644 cases sold in 5-pound bags with a lot code of 1000016385 and a Best By Date of 4/30/2024."
I didn't read the details but the 5 lb bags shouldn't impact too many folks feeding hunting dogs.

Michael54

WKR
Yea this sucks. I just found out. And now i have to switch my dogs with minimal transition...gonna be a messy week for me.

Wildlifer

Lil-Rokslider
If you happen to order your food from chewy they will give you a full refund of your last bag. I just did this and set up a new autoship for pro plan.

Well my current bag is part of this. He has already eaten half of it and neither of us are sick. Is it worth switching now?

Wheels

WKR
Just bought 80lbs a couple weeks ago from Chewy, been feeding Victor for a couple years and had good results. Switching back to PPP and have to figure out how to discard about 75lbs of dog food.
I emailed Chewy yesterday asking about a refund and they processed it, but didn’t have anything on their website or emails until this morning.

Yea this sucks. I just found out. And now i have to switch my dogs with minimal transition...gonna be a messy week for me.
Have been feeding Max 5 Pro for the last few years and dog has been doing great. Just got a bag delivered in the last couple weeks. Chewy gave a full refund, switching to Inukshuk 30/25 on short notice, but won't be delivered for a few days, so we bought a 5lb bag of blue buffalo to feed for a few days til Inuk shows up. Gonna mix w/ pumpkin puree to hopefully help the transition as he's about to have 3 different foods w/in a week....we'll see how bad the mess is

Also was very disappointed with Chewy's response time. They took ALL Victor food off their website well before sending an email advising of the recall. At least they are giving refunds.

blake_mhoona

Lil-Rokslider
i've used victor since 2012. saw the recall Thursday and we have about a week's worth left in the bag. went ahead and ordered the inukshuk marine 25 friday through Chewy and it showed up on Saturday. so we'll see how it goes.

i had heard that Victor sold to a new company and that might be the source of all the recalls?

Wheels

WKR
You guys who’ve been feeding Victor for a while gonna stick with it after they get this sorted or gonna switch for good?
I hate transitioning from one brand to another, it’s hard on the dogs. Probably stick with Pro Plan unless the dogs have a problem with it.
The reason I went to Victor is Purina changed the formula a couple years ago on their Sport food and the dogs wouldn’t eat it. There were lots of complaints and the switched back to the original. We will see how this round goes.

I hate transitioning from one brand to another, it’s hard on the dogs. Probably stick with Pro Plan unless the dogs have a problem with it.
The reason I went to Victor is Purina changed the formula a couple years ago on their Sport food and the dogs wouldn’t eat it. There were lots of complaints and the switched back to the original. We will see how this round goes.

Thanks. I went to Victor because of the cost savings over pro plan. Dogs do real well on it but they did fine on pro plan too.