Video Cameras

Takeem406

WKR
I wish would of had been able to video my bear hunt last weekend. It would have been epic!
What are some good options other than Go Pros for compact cameras? Something that had a good resolution and could be recharged off a power pack or solar charger? Maybe like a Sony Handi Cam or whatever those are? Nothing fancy for making full production hunting shows like my AvianX buddies, but for home films to show my kids and buddies.

OP
Takeem406

Takeem406

WKR
Boy that looks like quite the Adventure on that sheep hunt! Congrats! What Gaiters are those? I need a pair come rifle season. It's crazy how technology has gotten. A cell phone or the smaller cameras are just as good (almost) as a high end camera. My buddy is a heck of a photographer! He's getting featured (or did) in Montana Magazine. All his work is from his iPhone.

Stid2677

WKR
Boy that looks like quite the Adventure on that sheep hunt! Congrats! What Gaiters are those? I need a pair come rifle season. It's crazy how technology has gotten. A cell phone or the smaller cameras are just as good (almost) as a high end camera. My buddy is a heck of a photographer! He's getting featured (or did) in Montana Magazine. All his work is from his iPhone.

The waders are made by Wiggys, they are very fragile and care must be used to protect them, I found them best used for quick crossings and held in place with gaitors to prevent them from sailing in current causing drag.

bowhunter15

Lil-Rokslider
For my whitetail hunting I use a mirrorless Sony NEX-5R with big heavy lenses up in the tree. But assuming you're doing more western hunting, the camera I bought for this year worked alright. It was a Sony HDR-CX240. Has a 27x optical zoom, steadyshot, weighs 7.6oz. It has an integrated USB plug that you can plug right into a portable battery pack to charge. Low light isn't great by any means, especially with zoom, but it's acceptable for non-production quality stuff. Best part was I only paid $89 on eBay for it.