Viking Armament Opinion for Modular 300 PRC Build

Howdy y’all. Looking at doing a modular chassis build for a 300 PRC. Really like the XLR Magnesium 4.0 and Viking Armament (VA) seems to do a lot of builds in this setup. However, I can’t find any posts on Rokslide or other forums discussing VA and what their experience with them was. Can anyone provide any input? Is your rifle accurate, was their build of good quality? Would you recommend them?

Reactions: XLR
OP
Fever Buck
Also, even if you didn’t use VA for a build could anyone provide their opinion on a modular 300 PRC Build? Preferably from XLR?

Reactions: XLR
I have a viking armament 6.5 prc build. Ti lone peak action, carbon 20” barrel, trigger tech, xlr atom mag chassis with folder topped with a nx8. It shoots .285” groups with hand load pushing the 147 eldm. They make excellent rifles and the customer service is great. In fact, I’m having them build me a 300 prc right now.

Jake
@elkhunter34

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Fever Buck
I have a viking armament 6.5 prc build. Ti lone peak action, carbon 20” barrel, trigger tech, xlr atom mag chassis with folder topped with a nx8. It shoots .285” groups with hand load pushing the 147 eldm. They make excellent rifles and the customer service is great. In fact, I’m having them build me a 300 prc right now.

Jake
@elkhunter34

Thanks for the input. What made you choose the Atom chassis?

OP
Fever Buck

Jake
@elkhunter34

Also, what chassis will you use for the PRC? I

3c5c188b855bf00bc908f16ba7257098.jpg

You can get an integrally suppressed 300 prc from suppressed weapons systems in an xlr chassis for the same price i think. Just another option

OP
Fever Buck

Jake
@elkhunter34

Just wanted to follow up and see if you had received your 300 PRC and how you were liking it so far if you did?

LightFoot

WKR
You can get an integrally suppressed 300 prc from suppressed weapons systems in an xlr chassis for the same price i think. Just another option
Have you worked with SWS? I was going to have them do some work for me but I came across 2 of their builds on separate occasions at my local gun range that made me reconsider.

I'd like to hear some positive feedback. The concept is great.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Have you worked with SWS? I was going to have them do some work for me but I came across 2 of their builds on separate occasions at my local gun range that made me reconsider.

I'd like to hear some positive feedback. The concept is great.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
I have not. I went with a 375 raptor from black collar arms instead but im still interested in the concept for a 300 prc

tdot

WKR
I have not. I went with a 375 raptor from black collar arms instead but im still interested in the concept for a 300 prc
How are you liking the 375 Raptor? What are you using it for? That cartridge is currently at the top of the list for my next timber rifle.

How are you liking the 375 Raptor? What are you using it for? That cartridge is currently at the top of the list for my next timber rifle.
Im still waiting on the rifle to be finished. Dont have my dies from ch4d yet either but i have a box of subsonic ammo and a bunch of components. I'll be using it for shorter range hunting like 300-400 yards and in i think for supersonic loads, should be a really fun gun and it'll be stupid quiet with the integrally suppressed barrel