Vivo forest tracker esc durability

fwafwow

WKR
Back when I was wearing the earlier inov8 I learned that once I like a shoe to buy in mass quantities. I hope vivo dosnt change this boot.

It’s a legitimate concern!
I’m thinking of getting another pair for that reason.

Dobermann

WKR
The MARCH20 code still works. I just ordered a spare pair. These boots are all the were hyped to be.

They got rid of black though, which is a bummer since the black pair is perfect for work.

I was a die hard inov8 user, and can say the esc tracker is everything I ever have wanted in a barefoot shoe, and nothing I didn’t want.

Also the best outsole on a shoe that I have ever used.

Everyone message vivo and tell them to bring black back.

The more I wear these the more I worry that I won’t be able to go back to a normal boot.
WTF? Been wearing the Tracker ESCs every weekend, and they're far more comfortable than the Trackers ... was wanting to order black for work too.

Did you contact them to confirm black is discontinued, or are they just out of stock at the moment (they often have various models come and go from stock).

Dobermann

WKR
The only zero drop they make is the African Ranger Barefoot. They had more colors than black and fudge but I guess they sold out.
Be interesting to know what the comfort is like. I've had other low-drop boots that looked similar - weren't anywhere near as comfortable as the Tracker ESCs.

Lawnboi

WKR
WTF? Been wearing the Tracker ESCs every weekend, and they're far more comfortable than the Trackers ... was wanting to order black for work too.

Did you contact them to confirm black is discontinued, or are they just out of stock at the moment (they often have various models come and go from stock).
I didn’t contact them but they disappeared off the site. They have other black options but I do like the sole.

I havnt ordered any of the Jim green barefoot boots yet but I plan to in a few weeks to try.

I’m disappointed if they discontinued the black tracker esc. I don’t think I can go back to Frankenstein boots.

BBob

WKR
Be interesting to know what the comfort is like. I've had other low-drop boots that looked similar - weren't anywhere near as comfortable as the Tracker ESCs.
There’s at least two of us that have them. I’ve had mine for 2-3 month's. I started a thread about them. I do believe I commented on the comfort between the two.

Dobermann

WKR
I didn’t contact them but they disappeared off the site. They have other black options but I do like the sole.

I havnt ordered any of the Jim green barefoot boots yet but I plan to in a few weeks to try.

I’m disappointed if they discontinued the black tracker esc. I don’t think I can go back to Frankenstein boots.
Yep, there are the Magna ESCs. I'm not a fan of shoes - even in an office environment - but these might be the compromise ... I stand all day, and the Tracker (not ESCs) are a bit punishing by the end of the day. Not sure why, as this is after 7 years or so of barefoot / low drop shoes for everyday use.

Lawnboi

WKR
Yep, there are the Magna ESCs. I'm not a fan of shoes - even in an office environment - but these might be the compromise ... I stand all day, and the Tracker (not ESCs) are a bit punishing by the end of the day. Not sure why, as this is after 7 years or so of barefoot / low drop shoes for everyday use.
The ESC seems to have the right amount of cushion.

Dobermann

WKR
What's the best discount right now?
I think their 30% off just ended.

Vivo discounts tend to go like this:
  • 10% if you sub to their newsletter; affiliate codes all over the place
  • 20% code fairly regularly, and affiliate codes can sometimes be found
  • 30% code a few times a year - but as they don't operate on an all-lines-always-in-stock model, this can be hit and miss. It also seems to be that when the 30% drops, then lots of people order / stock depletes quickly.
I found a couple of 30% off affiliate codes buried in those infernal coupon sites over the years ... but most codes are out of date, and those sites are terrible for tracking, cookies, and spam - you need to run a good cleaning tool as soon as you've browsed them, and before you browse any other sites, access your emails, and so on.

The couple of 30% affiliate codes I've found over the years were associated with sites that frankly I couldn't believe anyone followed (hokey 'look at me, I'm fit' influencers) - they almost seemed too good to be true, but worked. 🤷‍♂️

The other thing to look out for is there are a *lot* of fake Vivo websites, for some reason - so many that their website has a page dedicated to listing them all! So make sure you bookmark/favourite the right sites, and don't just use a web search.

Perhaps we can use this thread to post current discount codes, or someone could start one in the Gear Deals subforum?

twall13

WKR
Anyone here have any of the primus trail shoes? Ordered a pair in the same size to try.
The Primus FG's have been my go to trail running shoes for the last 5 years. They have been great for me. I use the same size as I wear in the Forest Escapes.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Dobermann

WKR
Anyone here have any of the primus trail shoes? Ordered a pair in the same size to try.
Yep. More hardcore than the Forest ESCs. I used to barefoot run off trail ever day in Merrels, and the Primus are similar in terms of thin sole, but wider toebox and sole overall, which I've found safer when running on loose rocks.

Dobermann

WKR
Anyone else see this on Friday's email newsletter from Vivo - Jungle ESCs.

1713055724066.png

Dobermann

WKR
And this page has more about the ESC series history and future: https://www.vivobarefoot.com/us/blog/the-origins-of-esc

Including this:

ESC footwear is already available for three biomes: the Forest ESC (in boot and fast-hike forms); the amphibious Hydra ESC, for the aquatic biome; and the Jungle ESC. The Tundra ESC is coming in winter 2024, and the Desert ESC in spring 2025.

The ESC story won’t end with the Desert ESC. Far from it. This journey has taught us so much, including how much we don’t know. Lots of unfinished business remains. We will keep refining the ESC collection.