Vivo forest tracker esc durability

OP
H
@sneek-ee , I was wondering if a fresh application of leather conditioner would prevent good bonding of the boot guard. Any idea if the surface/condition of the leather matters to bonding longevity?

sneek-ee

WKR
The kg bootguard tells you to start with a rough surface. So I did it after I had used them, scrubbed the dirt off clean, and used a fine grit sandpaper and steel wool to rough it up before applying. My first coat was kind of a trial run. Didn't do it as thick as I wanted, but I wanted to get the feel for it. So I did 2 more coats after the initial application and laid it on thick. Used hardly any of the bottle. Should have done more shoes/boots with it. But it was all a test to see how it worked and performed.
Applied obenaufs after it set up and dried.

Periodically still put obenaufs on as needed.

@sneek-ee , I was wondering if a fresh application of leather conditioner would prevent good bonding of the boot guard. Any idea if the surface/condition of the leather matters to bonding longevity?

fwafwow

WKR
I’ve got a year and half on mine, 5-6 deer, 11 elk packed out, around 250’ish days in the mountains. Now I don’t yard the laces down tight, in fact they’re quite loose generally, but no issues with them.
When I first read this post about not tying the laces tight, I scratched my head. Now when I put on the boots, I think about it every time and struggle to make sure the laces are loose enough. It really is a big difference in how one walks, and therefore, how one laces these boots and any minimalist shoes.

twall13

WKR
I’m wishing I have these on right now. My ESCs are great but don’t keep the heat in very well, even with my Lenz socks. Maybe they will go on sale after winter is over
I picked up the older model sneek-ee was getting rid of above and I've really been liking them for winter hiking. The sole is different, but it actually makes these boots weigh less than the Forest Escapes. They are great for light and fast in colder temperatures.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

MTForester

Lil-Rokslider
3BCCDC3C-33F7-4798-9D42-FDED7E2B51B1.jpeg
Anyone have this issue? Have maybe 15 days on mine. Have already popped the stitching where they flex at the ball of my foot.

Just hoping it doesn’t get worse.

I’ve been a minimalist footwear guy for years now and had high hopes for increased durability from these compared to my Altras, Topos, and Inov-8s.

Love how they feel, fit, and perform

OP
H
View attachment 649429
Anyone have this issue? Have maybe 15 days on mine. Have already popped the stitching where they flex at the ball of my foot.

I’ve been a minimalist footwear guy for years now and had high hopes for increased durability from these compared to my Altras, Topos, and Inov-8s.

Mine are on their way there. They have stitching worn and frayed severely close to there. Any bit of moisture (snow on a 30+ day) makes its way into the footbed of mine immediately and it's very annoying for winter hunting.

I had high hopes for these as well, but their QC sucks and their CS absolutely sucks. I want to try the winter version but no way I'm buying more of these at $270.

Dobermann

WKR
View attachment 649429

I had the exact issue with the Trackers, almost immediately, not the Tracker ESCs, though. I think we had a post a little ways back about the same issue.

Given that there's almost nothing else out there like them, I reckon we encourage them to get it right, rather than dogpile/go elsewhere ...

twall13

WKR
View attachment 649429

That's a bummer. I haven't had that happen on my Forest Escapes but did get that issue almost immediately on a pair of their Scott boots. Those boots are more for the office than the outdoors so it doesn't bother me much there. It's more of a critical problem on the Forest Escapes.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

id_jon

WKR
Did everyone else’s ship from the Netherlands?

I just ordered a pair to try at work, thankfully they are mostly leather and black.
Mine all have. The $10 shipping upgrade has been mentioned, and I think is probably worth it. But also I have had the standard shipping option show up fairly quickly too.

fwafwow

WKR
Did everyone else’s ship from the Netherlands?

I just ordered a pair to try at work, thankfully they are mostly leather and black.
Yes. Except for the pair that were lost. (They sent another pair.)

Anyone try the new winter boots yet?

Lawnboi

WKR
Mine showed up. These things are awesome. I hope they last, cause I can see owning a few pairs of them.

For some reason my lab is scared absolutely shitless of them.