Vortex Razor UHD 10×50

Glad to see this pop up. First got exposed to the UHD's when we got dad his 12x50's earlier this year, back in January. We compared them to lots of other Alpha Glass and we all enjoyed the view through the UHD's over pretty much everything else we looked at. The color fidelity was better and truer, brightness was superior to the competition. I was impressed enough that I picked up the 10x50's 5 minutes after Vortex released them to the public, literally 5 minutes! They are low light kings, and I gained about a half hour of glassable light in the morning when I got them. They balance awesome on a Slik SVH-501 fluid head, and they're easy on the eyes. And contrary to popular belief, they're not too big to hand hold and not too heavy or big on the chest, even for backcountry stuff. Totally blown away by these binos!

And for those wondering about an aftermarket harness, I tried the Marsupial and the Kuiu Pro. The Marsupial Medium fit then snug but it worked, but I didn't love it. I then rolled the dice on the Kuiu Pro harness, and I swear its like the XL it was cut specifically to fit the UHD's. I don't use any of the foam "risers" in it, and they fit perfectly! I sold the Marsupial to a friend for his Maven B2's, which are slightly physically smaller than the UHD's and fit great, and kept the Kuiu Pro and won't ever switch!
Good to know you like that Pro harness, Its actually what I had for my previous pair of binos and really liked it but its not the XL so that's why I started shopping for a new option. Maybe I'll just sell my old one and by the XL after seeing your post...

nobody

WKR
Good to know you like that Pro harness, Its actually what I had for my previous pair of binos and really liked it but its not the XL so that's why I started shopping for a new option. Maybe I'll just sell my old one and by the XL after seeing your post...
I've loved it, it's seriously like it was made specifically to fit the UHD's. IDK if I could recommend it for other optics, but it's perfect for these large, Abbe-Koenig prism based binoculars.

KHNC

WKR
Here’s a photo of the bino harness. I had to blow out the exposure on the photo so you can see it.
14f7661843a67ddf993ca6969e42fe12.jpg

I do like the pocket for the rangefinder, but it also makes it protrude off the chest ever further.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The last time Vortex had a great pouch was when they partnered with FHF. Im still using my FHF/Vortex bino pouch with RF pouch attached.

nobody

WKR
I’m still using them everyday of every season! They’re big, but I don’t mind so much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same here, they've been everywhere from antelope island looking at bison, to backcountry elk and mule deer hunts, to an extremely (well below zero with wind chill) cold Colorado 3rd season hunt over the course of the past couple years, plus on every scouting trip and "mountain drive" in between, and I've been thoroughly pleased. Vortex brought their A-Game to the table on these binos, the big 3 should be scared.

Attachments

• BINOS.jpg
    BINOS.jpg
    219.4 KB · Views: 15