Vortex Razor UHD vs. Nikon Monarch HG Binoculars

mgebs311

FNG
My brother is looking at getting some Razor UHD’s and I told him about the Monarch HG’s, a decent savings in price. However, I don’t have experience with either pair. Are the Monarch HG’s comparable to the Razor UHD’s? Reading the specs, they seem to be better in my mind than the razors, also I’ve even heard some compare the HG’s to the Swarovski EL’s because of their field flattening lenses. Any of your input on this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

I can't speak to the Razors. I know that the Monarch HG are great glass to my eyes, and lighter than most 10x42's out there. Oh, and they are a great price!

@Matt Cashell did a write up on the Monarch HG's a while back. I believe he said they were nearly on par with the Swaro SLC's, and he'd pick one or the other depending on the situation. I believe he directly compared them to the Meopta's. You can find it in the search bar.

OP
mgebs311

mgebs311

FNG
I can't speak to the Razors. I know that the Monarch HG are great glass to my eyes, and lighter than most 10x42's out there. Oh, and they are a great price!

@Matt Cashell did a write up on the Monarch HG's a while back. I believe he said they were nearly on par with the Swaro SLC's, and he'd pick one or the other depending on the situation. I believe he directly compared them to the Meopta's. You can find it in the search bar.
Yeah I have heard a lot of great things about them. I did read Matt’s review. He did say they edge out the Meopta’s in his mind and I saw the SLC comparisons as well, so that alone speaks volumes. I did ask on that thread about the Monarch HG’s and the Razor UHD’s to see how they compared to those specifically, but my question in the thread did not gain any traction. That thread has sense been buried. Encouraging to hear your positive review of them though.