Vortex scopes on 338’s

YOUR statement, YOUR mindset … Personally, if it fails once for me there are plenty more to try
That’s just it, it’s my opinion. While you have stated your opinion. Nothing wrong with it! Take it for what it is and move on with your own outcome.

Boardmstr

FNG
did you harvest that animal you were aiming at when it failed ?

Unfortunately no, I was not able to. Condensation made its way internally and froze on the inside of the glass. Completely useless. I was sent a complete new unit from the manufacturer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boardmstr

FNG
Ease up? I asked for clarification. Are you saying we shouldn’t question a statement such as “it doesn’t work as designed, but I recommend it”? If so why?

Saying a product doesn’t work, and giving an excuse for it is ludicrous, but that’s not what I was asking about. I genuinely want to know the mentality and thought process that would have an item that doesn’t work yet still recommending it.

As for the majority of $450 aiming devices not working when really put to use... Why is anyone still buying them then? When individuals stop buying scopes that don’t work and making excuses for them (of all price ranges), and demand that manufacturers build them correctly we’ll get optics that do what a scope is supposed to do- steer bullets. There are sub $300 scopes that are extremely reliable and there is no reason to except a scope that sometimes works, sometimes doesn’t.

I agree with you about the need to stop buying scopes at any price point which don’t work and driving the manufacturer’s to start providing quality and consistent products. Unfortunately I think they will get away with it for ever considering the fraction of folks who actually put them to the test. It’s far too easy to drop a ton of money on a scope and have a piece of junk.

I agree with you about the need to stop buying scopes at any price point which don’t work and driving the manufacturer’s to start providing quality and consistent products. Unfortunately I think they will get away with it for ever considering the fraction of folks who actually put them to the test. It’s far too easy to drop a ton of money on a scope and have a piece of junk.

like politics, this problem will not go away EVER without people like Formidilosus doing honest testing then speaking out …… doesn't THAT sound reasonable ?