Vortex UHD 12x50 or Swarovski EL 10x42?

I have both the Swarovski 10x42 and the vortex UHD 12x50. Need to get rid of one.
Is the extra power of the vortex enough to justify the lower quality in glass? Which would you get rid of? Curious on everyone’s thoughts.

Spoonman

WKR
It depends on what you are using them for. If you are also using a spotter or have a set of 15’s then I’d definitely ditch the Vortex. If you don’t have a spotter or 15’s then I’d still ditch the Vortex. Hahah keep the EL’s, you’ll regret it if you don’t.

Why don’t you decide for yourself if the extra 2x is worth the sacrifice in glass quality instead of asking a group of people who won’t be using whichever pair you decide to keep…

ClayHunts

FNG
Depends on where and how you want to use them. If your not hurting for money, I’d probably just keep them both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Super tag

WKR
Why don’t you decide for yourself if the extra 2x is worth the sacrifice in glass quality instead of asking a group of people who won’t be using whichever pair you decide to keep…
Exactly the kind of comment that isn’t needed.
There are a lot of us that have either one or the other binos mentioned in the OP, and there could be an opinion that is helpful. thats why the question was posted. Pretty simple math bro.

Tahoe1305

WKR
There are a lot of us that have either one or the other binos mentioned in the OP, and there could be an opinion that is helpful. thats why the question was posted. Pretty simple math bro.
So in 99/100 circumstances I’d agree with this.

However. You are in a fairly unique situation to have both. Agree. It’s all on you.

How do you hunt? Which one do your eyes prefer?

Use the usaf resolution chart. Set it out at 500yds. Take the binos and see how much you can see. Then move the chart to very top of FOV. What is seen now? Then wait till sunset….same drill.

I think you’ll find both are really good and barely distinguishable (I’ve owned both). I own swaro now though (mainly because of deal I got on them).

8grenade

FNG
I have used several brands over the years, but purchased Swaro 10x42 EL about 2 years ago. Love them. BUT...a friend purchased some Maven 10x50 for half the price and dang...I am extremely impressed with the Mavens.

Although I concur with others that 12x is too much power unless you intend to only glass from a tripod. Too hard to hold steady by hand. Can't go wrong with 10x42 for nearly all hunting situations.

But your only post in here offering zero feedback or guidance is...

As someone who has 10's and 12's my advice is to pick what works best for HIM and HIS uses since he already has both and is only going to keep one. I've given the OP solid advice, you've contributed nothing.

Matt G.

WKR
If only can keep one pair, I think the 10x42 is way more versatile in most situations. I would hate to use 12s in dark timber or going for a stalk.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Right off the bat, it’s a tall order keeping Vortex and selling Swaro ELs. But it’s a 10x 12x as much as anything. I have 8x42 Maven B1.2 10x42 Swaro SLC and Maven 12x50 B6.

If I had to keep just 1, it would be the SLC 10s. As 10s cover just about every base.

If I had to get rid of just 1, it would also be the SLCs. As the 8x cover almost every base and the 12s have that extra power for glassing open country off a tripod.

I’d prefer 8x AND 12x over just a pair of 10x.

I’d prefer 10x over either 8x OR 12x.

A 8x on a tripod is more effective than a 10x or 12x in hand. But this is also your decision that you have to make on how and where you hunt.

nobody

WKR
I'm 100% a western big game hunter, deer and elk and pretty much nothing else every year. That said, I've never owned a pair of 12's. My dad uses 12's, and even he has decided it's just too much for a "one pair of binos" setup. Like the Boot said above, if you're only gonna have one pair of binos, keep the 10's. Easier to handhold, great off a tripod, and if you can't see it with 10's, 12's aren't going to give you the extra umph to resolve a cheater at distance or something.

PHo

WKR
I have 10x42 SLCs and 12x50 ELs. The 10’s are more practical and versatile, the only time I use the 12’s is when I’m scouting. Though the 12 ELs are better glass, most of the time they’re at home in the closet. YMMV

I can’t do spotting scopes, I love having the 12x50 UHD in the pack for tripod work and depending on rifle or bow I might have 10x rangefinding bino’s in my harness or 8x56 for bow. Or I might just carry the 12’s depends I guess and doesn’t help you lol.