VOTE: Maven's Next Scope

What scopes (choose 2 max) should Maven bring to market next?

• RSS6.X - Fixed Six, SHR-Mil, exp. elevation, side focus, $500, < 17 oz.

• RSS3.9 - 3-9x40ish, FFP, SHR-Mil, exp. elev., fixed parallax, $700, < 20 oz.

• RS2.2 - 2-10x40ish, SFP, SHR-Mil, optional capped or exp. elev., side focus, $800, < 21 oz.

• RS2.2 - 2.5-10x40ish, FFP, SHR-Mil Illum., exp. elev., side focus, $1000, < 23 oz.

• RS6.1 - 1-6x24ish, SFP, SHR Mil Illum., capped elev., fixed parallax, $800, < 19 oz.

• RS8.1 - 1-8x28ish, FFP, 34mm tube, SHR Mil Illum., opt. cap or exp. elev., fix prlx, $1500, < 24 oz.

• RS2.2DA - 2.5-10x40, FFP, SHR-Mil, capped elev., fixed parallax, $750, < 15 oz.

• RS3.4c - 3-12x44, capped elev. w/ ZS, FFP, THLR, $1400, < 21 oz.

• RS3.9THLR - 3-9x40, FFP, THLR, exp. elev., fixed prlx, $800, < 20 oz.

Results are only viewable after voting.
How about a bomb proof reliable 14 oz point and shoot 2.5-10 with capped turrets and a decent reticle in FFP.

That's something that doesn't really exist yet. I think there's a good market for that scope

This is something I could get behind.

Basically a NF SHV 2.5-10-40/42 without the illumination, 5-8oz lighter, FFP and something like the SHR-mil.
Everything capped but solid enough turrets that if you wanted to leave the elevation cap off to dial you could no worries.

I feel that scope would knock it out of the park.

Last edited:

Ucsdryder

WKR
Tract makes that. I've been happy with mine but would swap it out for something that had a better durability record if it presented itself.
I already have 2 of these scopes. Vortex LHT. I don’t hunt hard enough to see a POI shift so I guess I’ll just keep using them n

4cMuley

Lil-Rokslider
I see 4cMuley (#3 contributor to conversation, so last one to get to add a poll option) thumbs upped this, so what do ya say @4cMuley, should I add a 3-12x44 to the mix in your honor? How would you spec it out? Simple and minimalist capped FFP, or some bells and whistles like zero stop exposed elevation and etc.?
Exposed elevation, parallax adjustment would be nice but maybe not necessary at that power range. No Zero stop hasn’t been an issue for me but I can definitely see the want/need for it

Edit. Someone mentioned it but it’s a nice idea - cap the elev turret as well but make it tall enough and robust enough to go without the cap as well. Sorta like the 3-10 SHV but maybe even a tad bigger turret. I actually really like the shv 3-10 but it could be made so much better

I would like to see a 2-30x56 with a badass Christmas tree/donut reticle, everything illuminated

Need multicolor.

Really light that Christmas tree up. Make the mils color coded.

Go ahead and add a gyroscope feature that the light changes colors once it senses the scope is stabilized. Go time sensor, call it something innovative tho, like bang sense.

None of those options fit what I would prefer.

4-20x50 exposed, locking elevation turret, simple zero stop, capped windage, simple FFP MIL reticle, 30mm tube,
If Vortex could make the LHT 4.5-22 reliable, durable and simplify the reticle, it would be perfect for my wants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Need multicolor.

Really light that Christmas tree up. Make the mils color coded.

Go ahead and add a gyroscope feature that the light changes colors once it senses the scope is stabilized. Go time sensor, call it something innovative tho, like bang sense.
The industry first “pride” reticle… I think you really are onto something big here. Would be wildly popular among 6.5 creeds

I really do think if this most recent holds up long term with reliability among many scopes, the only thing that they can really do is try to build durability into a lighter weight scope, in a 2-10, or even 3-9x, if they could maintain reliability in a 16-18oz scope, everyone would want one again (or 3)

The scope they released seems to really go straight down the pipe for what most hunters want who are going to spend over 400$ on a scope

OP
W

walk2112

Lil-Rokslider
I would like to see a 2-30x56 with a badass Christmas tree/donut reticle, everything illuminated
Only if it has a flashing level indicator, inclinometer, barometer, compass, and range finder w/ anemometer that does math and talks to the green X-mas tree and lights up the correct ‘ornament’ red, in a flashing Morse code pattern to tell you what the hold off correction is for spin drift! Only then will I add it to the poll! Ha

OP
W

walk2112

Lil-Rokslider
Exposed elevation, parallax adjustment would be nice but maybe not necessary at that power range. No Zero stop hasn’t been an issue for me but I can definitely see the want/need for it

Edit. Someone mentioned it but it’s a nice idea - cap the elev turret as well but make it tall enough and robust enough to go without the cap as well. Sorta like the 3-10 SHV but maybe even a tad bigger turret. I actually really like the shv 3-10 but it could be made so much better
I agree on the capped yet stout enough (w/ or w/out zero stop) so you have the option. Seems like a simple thing to offer with existing designs even.

I have an idea for the add to the poll, inspired by your comments and other’s THLR reticle desires (which I totally get, just don’t know if it’s possible? @THLR maybe able to comment? Forgive my ignorance if this is ground that’s already been trod on)… will update shortly and see if it inspires your vote.

Beetroot

Lil-Rokslider
Not sure how I feel about 3x scopes, maybe I‘d buy a lightweight FFP 3.5-10 or 4.5-14, but I can’t help but feel a 3.5-14 (4x) should be entirely possible.

OP
W

walk2112

Lil-Rokslider
So far, it seems to me like the gist here is if the RS1.2 lost about a half pound+ by scaling down on top end magnification to 10-12x, 4x’s mag range, and by reducing the objective lense size a bit, dropped the illumination and fixed the parallax at 100-150 yards, we‘d be striking some kind of happy middle ground.

Add the optional cap for the elev. turret and it would check a few different boxes for folks.

Hypothetical: If it were possible to drop decent weight by stepping the mils per revolution down to 5 instead of 10, is it worth to ya? Say an oz. or two per turret maybe?

Redwing

Lil-Rokslider
Not sure how I feel about 3x scopes, maybe I‘d buy a lightweight FFP 3.5-10 or 4.5-14, but I can’t help but feel a 3.5-14 (4x) should be entirely possible.
If less zoom range allows for a lighter scope that maintains zero I'd happily hunt with a 3-6x, 4-8x or 5-10x.

A 15oz 4-8x36 with a zero stop and capped windage that doesn't lose zero? Sign me up!

Last edited:

TX_Diver

WKR
The fixed 6x and 3-9 seem too similar to SWFAs so I'd be most interested and would probably actually purchase one of the last 2 options (but would strongly prefer exposed elevation) or at least the ability to dial without a tool with the cap off.

• RS2.2DA - 2.5-10x40, FFP, SHR-Mil, capped elev., fixed parallax, $750, < 15 oz.

OP
W

walk2112

Lil-Rokslider
The fixed 6x and 3-9 seem too similar to SWFAs so I'd be most interested and would probably actually purchase one of the last 2 options (but would strongly prefer exposed elevation) or at least the ability to dial without a tool with the cap off.

Copy that, thanks for the context and preference details.

TBH, the reason for the 6x and 3-9 on the list is basically to mimic those two SWFA proven designs, but only because I hope for a time where something like them can be bought more than 1 or 2 brief windows of time each year, at similar price points, and that they could incorporate some of these different turret preferences/refined modern design elements (zero stop, capped windage, side focus, etc.) and maybe someone would try to make a bombproof 6x with as small form factor as possible without compromising optical quality too much.

cowdisciple

Lil-Rokslider

I mean, granted. But also, what SWFAs?