Wall tent door improvements

11boo

WKR
I meant to figure this out sooner, but here I am 30 days out.

just a 10x12 tent, canvas, with the multiple straps for holding the door closed. I am hoping to improve the closure to keep cold wind at bay.

Probably not doing the best, which I think would be a zipper sewn in.

Velcro is possible and that may be it. Just kinda noisy at 0100.

Magnets? Maybe, if I can figure that out.

Ideas?
IMG_6868.jpeg

Wheels

WKR
I like the idae of magnets. You could probably just try them out with some shoe goo to hold them in place, and if they work good maybe sew them in.

OP
11boo

11boo

WKR
I used to hunt with a guy that had a much bigger wall tent, zipper door. It was nice. That is a great suggestion, and you know a lot more about tents than most.

I’m still going to pursue the magnetic closure idea. If it works I’ll be able to just push my way in/out. I won’t be doing it till the tent is up in camp next month.

Lots of magnets available. I have shoe goo, fabric glue and might try these with a small bolt/nut/washer. The trick will be placement and proper holding strength, not too much or to little.

IMG_0715.png

I will report back on my success or fail.

OP
11boo

11boo

WKR
Too late zipper man. Magnets and washers ordered. Probably end up with a washer on one flap and a magnet on the other, probably pop rivet install.

If I outlive this tent, the next will come with a zipper.

sndmn11

WKR
Too late zipper man. Magnets and washers ordered. Probably end up with a washer on one flap and a magnet on the other, probably pop rivet install.

If I outlive this tent, the next will come with a zipper.

Alternate them. Someone was dead set on this idea and struggled with getting the magnets to connect to the correct mate across. The other thing to watch for is the magnet holding wet dirt and becoming a concentration for mildew.