Want to start annealing brass

I use an annealeez and have used it all over various houses and apartments. Just make sure to keep safe distance from powder and primers and have the central hvac running. Garage works too.

Skeeter

FNG
I’ve been wanting to start annealing as well. I’ve looked at different annealing equipment. Not sure if it’s worth it, but thinking hard about biting the bullet and purchasing an AMP annealer to take out the guesswork and hassles.

I've started doing induction annealing with this method:
Can't beat the price for induction annealing, it just takes a bit of trial and error to fine tune the settings and workflow in the beginning (which any method would) and it works very well.

@Skeeter I own an AMP annealer and it is awesome. Highly recommend getting one. Its expensive but the only regret I have is not buying it earlier. I anneal my 6.5 CM brass after every shooting and I have gotten more consistent results since I started annealing.

Nilsen5

FNG
All good questions. Many of the same I had. All your airflow questions have validity also that I think could be solved with good ventilation. Most I know anneal in the reloading shop away from all the important stuff.
If you haven't already, recommend you read through all
https://www.ampannealing.com/articles/ starting at 2017 Part One.

I'm going the induction route next spring.
Want to start annealing brass

I have been reloading for a long time, but I have never annealed my brass. I have a decent amount of fired brass for 223, 30-30, 270 Win, and 7.7x58 Japanese. The 223 brass has been loaded and reloaded several times. I want to start annealing to get more reloading life and hopefully more consistency/accuracy from my loaded ammo. In particular, I have read that 30-30 brass has a very short reloading life (2-3 reloads) unless one anneals.

I think I will get the Annealeez device.

I have gotten close to getting into annealing brass a few times and always hesitate to go ahead and get the annealer. I am afraid of over-annealing the brass and ruining it. I just can’t get past that mental block. Is it actually possible to do this right and not ruin the brass?

Also, I don’t know where I would do this. My reloading room is a room off the den, inside the house. Sort of a den off the den, if that makes sense. Where do you guys do your annealing? Outside? In the garage? In the basement? Would there be any problem with annealing in a room off a den? I’m thinking about would there be a problem with CO2 or other gases from the propane nozzle flame, and are there any dangerous gases released from the brass itself? I assume there are traces of lead that get vaporized when the brass is annealed. Would doing this in a garage be OK? I think if I try to do this outside, particularly in cooler weather it would not really work.

Any thoughts or suggestions appreciated.
I have the Annealeez and I love it, makes the process easy and simple once you figure it out.

Youtube diy annealing. Get a drill and a socket just larger than your brass. Spin it in the flame the desired amount of time and drop on cloth and roll back and forth. if you’re like me and unsure about the amount of time required, you can hold it in your fingers and twist back and forth u til it gets too hot to handle then drop on cloth and roll back and forth.

This is the same process I use but just drop them in water. Hard to over anneal and has worked fine. Depends on how much brass you’re dealing with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk