Warm pants

DunnCoHunter

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone have recommendations for insulated pants? Sick of wearing my heavy bibs all the time. I do a decent amount of tree stand hunting early season at home in Wisconsin, but I need something better for the hunting I do in Wyoming and late season still hunting in Wisconsin. Is there anything decent for $100 or less ? Also I don’t care very much if they are camo or not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

H80Hunter

WKR
The cheap army surplus level 3 primaloft pants I just got seem very warm but they are loud and super baggy. Patagonia nano-air pants would be a great option under pants as well. I love mine.

rratzlaff1490

Lil-Rokslider
A little over the dollar mark you’re looking at but the Kuiu axis pants are incredibly warm. Wore them in MT in November with just a light Patagonia base layer under and never once got cold on the lower half.

bcar

Lil-Rokslider
you can get Under Armor ridge reaper alpine ops pants new on ebay for under $100. They're goose down and have full length side zippers, and I found them to be really warm treestand hunting in temps around 30 with moderate wind. Tagged out so haven't gotten to try them in lower temps, but I was toasty toasty at 30. Size large weigh 16 or 17oz so great for packing in on western hunts.

Edit: but if you're looking for more of a heavier pant for hiking/still hunting these wouldn't be the way to go. The advice for Axis pants above would be a good fit.

Wrench

WKR
you can get Under Armor ridge reaper alpine ops pants new on ebay for under $100. They're goose down and have full length side zippers, and I found them to be really warm treestand hunting in temps around 30 with moderate wind. Tagged out so haven't gotten to try them in lower temps, but I was toasty toasty at 30. Size large weigh 16 or 17oz so great for packing in on western hunts.

Edit: but if you're looking for more of a heavier pant for hiking/still hunting these wouldn't be the way to go. The advice for Axis pants above would be a good fit.

I used the reapers over boras at -15* and was quite happy.

BadDogPSD

WKR
Check out SKRE Kodiak pants. I've been happy with them on late season western hunts. Might not be the right choice for stand hunting though...