Warmest most packable camo insulation?

gearjunkie

Lil-Rokslider
I currently have the Uncompaghre jacket and pants packed in my bag for stationary activities as I usually still hunt and stay warm enough on the move. Is there anything currently out there that is as packable and warmer? I Definately need side zips and camo. I am trying to optimize my pack. Also wondering if anyone has used the First lite fillo as a seat? I could save alot of space by packing that instead of a traditional cushion. I am running the Sitka Apex pack.

NDGuy

WKR
Down or Synthetic? I have the Under Armour Ridge Reaper Down set and it packs down decent but it was damn warm for the money.

bcar

Lil-Rokslider
your options are pretty limited for camo. Kuiu super down pro jacket and pants, Kifaru lost park parka (synthetic so less packable), First lite Chamberlain parka, Under armour ridge reaper alpine coat and pants. Sitka options??? Probably a couple other options out there.

Jake_B

Lil-Rokslider
Pnuma Insulator tops and bottom. I’ve not seen many reviews yet, I was actually considering starting a thread on them to see what everyone says about them

I hunt in places where I might end up soaking wet. Down is no bueno if you fall on a creek crossing. Sitka Kelvins for this guy. Bulkier than other options but one helluva lot warmer...even wet.

I think my kelvin hoodie is warmer than my uncomphagre, but not by much. I think the next level is down if you want packability.

Two thoughts for you:

1 - Check out a vest, a really warm hat and a hand warmer. I have a nuptse vest, carhartt Akron hat and an fhf hand warmer that I use with heater packs. Adding these to my mobile hunting clothes really keeps me warmer.

2 - consider a blanket. Kifaru woobie or apex poncho liner (helicon swagman roll) is a lot of warmth for weight on a mobile ambush hunt. You will have to me more thoughtful about how to shoot while bow hunting than for rifle.

Last suggestion, the warmest seat I can find is sea to summit inflatable. Two puffs of air and your ass is in heaven. 5 oz. easy to deflate.

OP
G

gearjunkie

Lil-Rokslider
Just to clarify I am not concerned about getting wet because I will be stationary. Likely if I am sitting in these garments precipitation will be freezing. I don’t need anything that is resistant to tearing. The most warmth in the smallest pack able size in camo. So I can stop, deploy my seat, remove said items from pack put them on over my other hunting clothes, lean pack against tree or rock and camp out for a bit. Then reverse the process when ready to move again. Thanks guys.

OP
G

gearjunkie

Lil-Rokslider
So I pulled the trigger on the Kuiu Pro pants and jacket without a hood. Hopefully it meets my desire of being more packable and warm than the synthetic First Lite stuff. I messed around trying to figure out camo blankets and whatnot if I got non camo feathered friends stuff. Finally just decided to try the Kuiu. I likely won’t get a chance to test it this year but I can at least report on packability.