Washington Draw out.

elkocd

Lil-Rokslider
WA is a joke. Been a res for 4 years. Didn't even put in for a hunt this year because of other hunts. I'll keep putting in for an east side tag and maybe I'll hunt my home state once in my life. There some great bulls, but if WA thinks I'm going to hunt spikes because I didn't draw a tag... Ha! I can go across the border to OR or ID and shot a six point every year.

Its a random draw. Points are meaningless. My dad drew an archery tag in the blues with 4 points.

BrentH

WKR
23 points and still a loser here.

My cousin drew Mudflow Muzzy Bull with 3 points, and my uncle drew White River Rifle Bull.

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
Watershed a fun hunt and interesting to watch so many hunters not wanting to dive in🤩 if questions let me know had the hunt 3 yrs ago

Hunting in the blue mountains of Washington is easy heres the strategy. Pick a Ridgeline, walk down n to hell hole, hopefully shoot elk, walk out of hell hole. You will find elk in the blues, you just won't like where you find those bulls.

mavinwa2

WKR
Res WA ST, winter>Gilbert AZ , NR>AZ, UT, NM, CO.
Its a random draw. Points are meaningless. My dad drew an archery tag in the blues with 4 points.

yes, WA State is pure bonus point draw. But not worthless. More points just gives you more tickets in the lottery draw permit tag system.
but I prefer this over a strictly only preference point draw! PP draw instigates point creep and that’s the shiats.

that being said, I drew no special antlered bull elk permits with 16 points. So general spike bull season for me.
However know a guy who drew Any Bull permit tag with only 3 points...in my area of choice!

ridgefire

WKR
Nothing for me with 13 points. If I buy a tag next year it will be a westside tag, Im done with eastern elk in Washington. Thank goodness we have Idaho to hunt if we don't draw anything.

I drew an incentive tag for reporting my hunting early so I have an eastern Washington any elk sept 1 to dec 31 in any open elk unit quality or general and it’s a second elk tag so I still have my general archery spike tag too. Just waiting for it to show up in the mail wdfw is slacking with sending stuff out right now so it’s taking forever.

They gave out less than 500 quality elk tags for 35000 total applications. Gross draw odds less than 1.5%.

I have a pink unicorn tag this year in WA for a 13 day archery season. I will spend my time out of state instead. (Unless Covid 19 forces me to stay home.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Huntnnw

WKR
lotta guys complaining , then you ask these guys who have lots of points what permits are you applying for and its not a shocker why they haven't drawn anything.

lotta guys complaining , then you ask these guys who have lots of points what permits are you applying for and its not a shocker why they haven't drawn anything.

There wasn’t much that had good odds this year!

When archery tags have gone from triple digits to single digits in two years odds drop drastically.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk